Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Mounts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounts

OMG .. I just typed out a 10,000 word post about how I didn't like certain things about mounts (all based on a video I watched). Then I decided to actually try it for myself before posting... FACE PALM... Mounts are great. Not perfect, but it's early. I'm sure it will improve. The lesson? Don't judge to quickly.

I decided to post this message just to say THANK YOU and GOOD JOB to the developers. There are some things I would change about the game that I will post later. But for now, well done. Mounts are pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a little more time playing with the mount, I have some feedback. First is the size. I'm sure this just a placeholder graphic as we are still in beta. But I will still mention that it needs to be slightly larger. Only about 10-15% larger would suffice. I want to feel like I am riding a large Clydesdale horse, not a small pony. When looking at myself in 3rd person view, I am larger than the mount. It's a little odd.

At first I didn't like the acceleration mechanic, but then I realized, I’m just used to every other game making my mount go from a standstill to full speed instantly. After a while, it was fine.

Lastly is the Anxiety, I have mixed feelings about this. It's interesting that I have to be aware of my horses state of wellbeing at all times, and it gives me something to do while riding. But sometimes it feels like a chore. I like the idea of anxiety, but after a while it just became annoying. My mount is only level 20, so I assume (and hope) the mounts tolerance for mobs and water grows at a higher level. If not, using the mount will be more work than fun.

Overall, it's a great feature and I look forward to the next mount update.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the ponies need a bit of time to grow up. I think Jack mentioned the real horses we get after the trial will be a bit bigger.

The riding experience gets better as you level it. Like anything else, early levels of a skill aren't nearly as good as when you get it higher. You'll gain a 2nd and 3rd skill button to lower anxiety, and tack that improves your mount. Mine rarely throws me, unless I'm riding through a ton of mobs in Povus or Fae Realm. And I agree with the horse at that point. If I'm dumb enough to ride near enough to a half dozen war trolls to get hit, it's my fault.

The next horses we get will also have genetics and be breedable, meaning even better mounts. Add all of that together and I think it will be very smooth compared to the beta ponies.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There has been two things I wanted to say about mounts for a while. The first is I hope they could add a way to allow you to harvest ground spawn that doesn't require a progress bar without slowing down like what is needed with those spawns that take time. And the second is that my alts horse's name (I assume randomly generated name) was so perfect, I question if it wasn't hand picked. Overall, I happy enough with the mounts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ponies also need time to grow up, I think you should wait instead of being impatient. Large horses will increase in size and you will have a much better experience riding them.
    subway surfers

Thread Footer