Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Skills
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skills

I am very new so I was wondering what are the best Melee skills or any combination of skills for that matter I should be using thanks for any help you could give

And what combination of skills do you guys use or recommend
    Last edited by Nikonis; 03-08-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To paraphrase a line from the Fifth Element, "I don't want one skill set, I want all skill sets." You should probably give everything a try and go with the ones that you enjoy the most. You can level a bunch to max, if you want to be the Swiss army knife of combat.

Or if you really want to focus on only 1 set, you only need to have a plan for 3 combat situations. You need a stun, either a skill with stun or a skill that has a treasure effect that adds stun to an ability. You also need a method to set enemies on fire. There is a potion. Troll Bane Oil. that could be used with any build. I prefer using fire magic, or modded Battle Chemistry for setting things on fire. And the last thing you need is a skill or potion that acts as a knockback.

There are so many ways to play, you should play around and find what works for you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out with two of the skills from the island: Unarmed and Psychology.

This is a decent soloing skill set, but not a powerful dps or tank. Unarmed gives you both a stun and knockback from basic skills. As you progress, you get mods that turn barrage to an AOE stun, and that add a fire dot to barrage and headbutt. Unarmed has medium DPS and gives you some good mitigation. Not tank level, but great for soloing. Psychology is low dps, and high utility/control. It has a melee debuff that knocks 25% off an enemies damage, a stun, a mesmerize, a fear, two small heals that get mods to negate poison and extinguish fires. There are also two mods that add a bonus to speed outside combat.

Archey and Fire are also popular. Good dps, but also VERY expensive if they are your first skills.

Battle Chemistry is great, but requires 50 in alchemy, so not really a first skill. Druid, also great, requires 50 in another skill before the druids will train you.

Staff and shield are both highly defensive right now, and combined make an OP tank at higher levels.

This ends my knowledge of skills you can do with two legs.

Thread Footer