Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all the best wishes and hopefully a speedy recovery !

Thanks for the update.
    Overall the game is great as is, i hope you do not change too much. I have a few wishes tho, but i realize these come from my personal and preferred playstyle and it might not be for the majority. I think, ultimately, diversity in what you can do in the game will keep people interested longer, and attract different kinds of players.

1) i would love it if the game allows for different playstyles to achieve goals. Not all centered around fighting mobs for xp and drops, but allow for different paths. Gain combat xp while crafting or gathering, allow traders to more easily make a living as a crafter or trader to gain councils instead of forcing them to fight (lately more and more sought after items are not tradeable anymore or cant be listed on player stalls for various reasons, but nevertheless they limit what traders can do). Allow more options with player stalls, like a swap option (for example being able to trade 100 hides for a gem stone or w/e).

2) the current trend is that every player can do everything in the game. While it is great that everyone is their own hero, ultimately it destroys trading and the player economy in general. I can make everything there is to make and will hardly ever interact with other players for any of these recipies. Restricting players is not popular, i know, but perhaps you can make it so that each player will own a handful of very rare recipies to promote trade and human interaction. This example is not very thought out but maybe something among the lines of ultra rare recipy drops, limited to a few per player, that are truely unique, and once you reach your limit you can never find any others anymore on that character. Or another implementation of this idea, anything to make traders and crafters be more sought after.

3) I hardly do dungeons. partly because of the timezone i play in, partly because dailies feel like real life work to me. I would welcome more solo-dungeons tho.

4) I really really dislike the time-gating in this game. Having crafted x amount of work orders (i basically did all the work already), bags full of stuff so doing something else is hardly an option, and then having to wait in the fae realm for 30 mins so i can finally deliver my stuff, i hate it. Same goes for other time-gated or other content that is fun for once but pretty annoying after that. Examples are the water gear trader that you have to visit a gazillion times before finally being able to trade for the items you collected, the ticks in povus or any other disease for that matter, etc. You get the point.

5) I would welcome a way so that i can buy items from a special NPC with counsils instead of having to farm them. I do not care if they will be expensive as hell, just the option would be great. It would be a great future money sink and yet again, i have a different way to optain items that are usually only obtainable with some sort of fighting involved.

6) Surveying....brrrrrrrrrrr...no fun, tedious beyond belief. Some players have made usefull add-ons to make life easier. Is it an option to just integrate them into the game and maybe rethink the whole mechanics? since gems are crucial to progress in this game. Also an alternative to acquiring gems other than surveying in sufficient quantities would be greatly appreciated.

7) Animal handling/husbandry. Its not a secret that i am not a great fan of how both skills are currently implemented. Despite that i use AH daily, can you imagine. There are so many games that did a way way better job (in my opinion), like Ultima Online and Rappelz. Better to copy great examples than to reinvent the wheel, poorly.

8) Povus and other content like druid invasions, certain event bosses could benefit from a dynamic system that calculates how tough the encounter needs to be in relation to the number of players (and player levels) online at that time.
    Last edited by Dumdidum; 03-02-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. sending loves n get-wells to sandra months late because I am slow!
    2. yay good job nick!
    3. im hyped to provide lots of balance feedback as its something im super experienced in!!!! (with a slight bias towards pvp balancing, but it's like 60/40 and ngl, it's all useful knowledge <3)

Thread Footer