Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: April 16, 2022

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-April-16-2022

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the old way stats are shown on weapons and armor. The old way looks more professional and the new way looks amateur-ish. Also the new way seems harder to read.

What does everyone else think about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    I like the old way stats are shown on weapons and armor. The old way looks more professional and the new way looks amateur-ish. Also the new way seems harder to read.

What does everyone else think about it?
    I actually enjoy the new look, though I think it needs a bit of layout help.

The 'I likes:'
    -The enhancements vs attributes being seperated.
    -Color coding
    -Space between too much colored bricks of text (i.e an item with two very detailed item buffs is actually not headache-y for me due to the additional padding.)

The 'I don't likes:'
    -Text size/layout needs to be arranged and resized to be more.. for lack of a better word, shaped, and not keep everything exactly even and square.
    -I'm iffy on the lil line under the item name. It looks better than it did before, but i'd say either a whole nice lil header at the top is best, or don't have one and better utilize that space for the aforementioned shaping.
    -in general in some areas it feels like there's a bit too much padding around text or around the horizontal lines. for example, playing the game with the gui scaled up a bit on a big screen can quickly result in an item textbox you gotta flail around to read. I think specifically the bottom portion between the final enhancements/augments, and the value/tags.

overall i say is nice.

mostly, i beg for augments/enhancements/attributes that can have a range of numbers, to display those either in compare view or via a settings toggle (i.e skill does +X damage (Y - Z) with Y and Z being minimum/maximum.)

ive been quietly gathering some of that stuff just out of curiosity, as i believe its easier to find what is broken or underpowered by understanding the raw base numbers /percentages and what range they all can have / what rarity each step of % or + is.

anyways, that's kinda offtopic, sorry. i'll say the new item stats make it easier on my eyes and i appreciate em for that.
    Last edited by Tentacles; 04-16-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Footer