Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread: Bat Form
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I actually like the eyes better on the new model, the super glowy eyes freaked me out. Now if you could control how evil the eyes looked overall, that would be amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibat View Post
    I prefer the old one pretty strongly. I don't like the messy mouth at all.
    Completely agree. If elves can be sexy then bats should be cute. Or at least have the option to be a cute bat or evil looking bat. I'm even willing to do a quest to make my bat cute again. It would make great NPC chat....

Rita - Blanche have you seen those horrid looking bats, they're so dirty and evil looking.

Blanche - I completely agree. Make them bath, but they need their own washing pond. I don't want them near me.

Rita - Well ask one of your hunky beaus to dig them a pond.

Blanche - I'll have them do the work but you or one of your beaus is going to have to give them favor, I don't want them touching me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not play during the old form but I do prefer it. The red mouth is off putting to me as well lol.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of the new look. Its not a horrible "look" as the grotesque appearance I believes adds somewhat to the whole entire experience (from looking at many of the descriptions of their abilities seems to suggest that your not exactly meant to be cute in any way) but it there's parts of it which just feel like they miss the mark.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wanted to drop a note about the bat form. The old bat was a store-bought model -- we use third-party art for a lot of our monsters, and then alter them as needed -- that lacked some of the technical bits that would make it look good in the future. As we slowly evolve the game's graphical assets, we need to phase out models that lack things like normal-maps, because eventually they'd stick out really badly. SO! When the artist who made the original bat had an "upgraded" version of the bat, we grabbed it, because it has the missing technical bits. However, it wasn't an upgrade -- it turned out to be a complete remake.

It's hard to gauge the overall popularity of this model versus the other, especially since the old one isn't readily available to look at. But I'll keep listening (in this thread and others). In the last major update, I turned off the blood on the bat's fur. Whether this is an improvement or not is up in the air -- what's your opinion?

I'm hopeful that we can make this bat work, but if not, there are some other third-party bat models out there that might work, and of course we do have monsters custom-made for us -- though the queue for customization is pretty long, so a fully custom bat wouldn't happen soon.

As always, we're reading even when not responding, so keep giving feedback! Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the fact that you turned off the blood , TY . Still am not a fan of the facial features the nose looks like a pigs snout . perhaps more fur and soften the facial features ?
    Also on a side note would be great if lets say you dyed the boots your claws would show the dye same for gloves maybe the wing talons would show up the color .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I posted in this thread, but I guess not. While the new bat model is nice, it's not particularly friendly looking. I'd say it works well for the bats in Lab, but not players... Then again, my opinion is probably based on familiarity with the old model. The new bat reminds me more of a Vampire Bat, while the old one was a more cuddly Megabat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to unbat when I log back in next. I'm just not happy with this at all. :-/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an Australian I'd love to see these added as a new model.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=f...w=1360&bih=633

Flying foxes are where its at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luconis View Post
    being an australian i'd love to see these added as a new model.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=f...w=1360&bih=633

flying foxes are where its at.
    signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Footer