Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Clarify Discord Rules & Regulations

I had a not so pleasant experience with one of the Discord Moderators who goes by Greyfyn where I was accused of being a troll simply because I suggested in the suggestions discussion channel that VIP could use more incentives after another individual commented about how VIP additions are good but didn't want them to be content-locked (i.e. VIP gives you more content then other players, or vastly more).

I didn't break any rules but was warned and publicly called a troll and was told that "I knew what I was doing." even though I was just trying to interact with the community.

If you're going to have a mod who does this and then kick people from the Discord because of it, you should either have new or better mods with clarified rules; because all this did was make me change my positive review to a negative one.

Love the game. Dislike the power tripping moderation. It felt even worse when I re-joined the Discord and messaged Greyfyn privately to inform him that I didn't approve of how he treated the situation and he responded to me by telling me my main character name (My forum name) even though my Discord name is something completely different, which only shows he went and looked that information up. The whole experience was just extremely petty from his end and honestly has left me sour and prone to avoid any interaction with parts of the community because of it.

I spoke to one of the players after the fact who followed up my comment defending the VIP incentives currently, and he told me I was better off never challenging Moderators whether they were right or wrong, or I risk getting in trouble because of it; which is outright silly. I even had asked Greyfyn who I could report him to and he told me to "No need. And you know why I'm not PMing you." even though I legit don't understand his cryptic language towards me.

There was more of the conversation, but Greyfyn booted me from the Discord and conveniently deleted a lot of it to cover the tracks.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is certainly a lot more history to your account and behavior, which I've researched. But to your inquiry, we won't be posting lengthy rules about what can be said on Discord, because the specifics change often based on many factors -- often changing day to day. The rule is just to follow moderators' requests. You don't have permission to "challenge the moderators" when they give you an instruction to stop talking about something.

If you feel a moderator is being unreasonable or abusive you should send in an email ticket to support@projectgorgon.com so that we can evaluate the situation. However, I have preemptively evaluated this situation, and I encourage you to drop it.
    Last edited by Citan; 02-09-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Footer