Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Animal Husbandry account-wide restrictions

My main character Niph plays with Animal Handling as main skill. Because of this, I want to maintain a set of pets I can use in various situations, i.e. to do damage or to tank. I used to have 12 pets but I released most of them recently, keeping 4 of them. I guess I could release one and stick to an absolute minimum of 3. I assume players are intended to keep several pets, we have abilities to summon 6 different ones after all.

I also started Animal Husbandry, and as indicated when the skill was introduced, it consumes many stable slots. With my current max of 18, minus 4 for AH pets, I have 12 slots available for breeding.

After a long investigation I think I need an absolute minimum of 6 slots per genome (ex: Bee & Wasp), +2 per specie (ex: Wasp), so with 12 slots I can comfortably breed bees and wasps, and that's what I'm currently doing.

However, I'm prevented from breeding other genomes when they are introduced, for instance horses, but also cats, rats and bears. So I figured I was supposed to do that on an alt character. This other character can buy cheap slots and breed its own pets. The idea is then to start with bees now, to gain some XP, and when we have new genomes available discard the bees and play with what's new, just not starting from level 0.

So I went on my alt Steelflake and grinded 40 levels of Animal Handling (starting at 30 since Fairy) because, while technically you can buy Husbandry at 50, in practice you need level 70 to tame bees, otherwise you can't start. Then I went on and tamed 2 bees.

Then when I tried to breed them I found out the maximum number of simultaneous breeding attempts is per account.

Is this really necessary? Obviously, it's intended, but clearly it forces the account to choose one, perhaps 2 genomes, and no more. Not until you are completely done with one, which takes years.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm more interested in cats and horses than bees (and I pity the rats...) so it's tempting to completely give up and just raise the skill on my main, and wait. Because I already know breeding my bees is futile. I'll discard them, I won't have the slots.
    Last edited by Niph; 01-12-2022 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Typos

Thread Footer