Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double backer pledges

Hello,

After talking to Jackencola in game today I have found out that it is not possible to use the backer pledges in order to get VIP memberships after the first pledge. I feel that this really should be in the information about the pledge. Jackencola said that it was a given since it was a backers pledge, but I don't understand why that is the case. I thought that I was backing it twice as much. (I'm taking it to the board since it's not possible to use tells with GM's, and I didn't feel that using general global chat in game was appropriate)

In december there was a discussion about Steam vs gorgon shop VIP programs and the GM (I think that was Jackencola too) said that you guys gain more from buying from the shop because Steam takes 30% or something of all purchases and that we get more value for our money from gorgon shop with regards to VIP. Then, later in december we got the message that the backer pledges would be taken down soonish. That was when I desided that I wanted to be VIP for longer and I bought another backer pledge. I got the lowest one again, because I don't really want the extra skills, I only wanted the VIP anyway.

I really really love this game, but this feels bad. I don't feel that it is implicit that you can't use the packages back to back in order to get VIP, I genuninely thought it was a win win for you guys and for me.

So that is the backstory.

So, my questions are:

How is it supposed to be a given that you can't buy more packages in order to get VIP longer since it is a backer pledge? Is there something about backer pledges that are well known that I dont know? Why not say something about it in the description? From the discussion in game it seemed like more then me was confused about this.

Is it possible to return the package or somehow get VIP time from it? Is it somewhere I can sell it to a player? Is it ok if I do this on the discord? It feels wrong to go use the discord to try and sell it that way. Jackencola said that I could upgrade it to a new one, but that would mean I would have to pay even more for a package I don't really want and I would only get 3 months of VIP.

I really hope we can solve this, so I can go back to really really loving the game without a bad taste in my mouth from this.

Kind regards,
    Rabids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest, that you thoroughly describe your problem via the in-game support "!" menu too. If you didn't already, that is.
    Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabids View Post
    Hello,
    because Steam takes 30% or something of all purchases
    Yeah, 30% are common, that's just part of the deal of having your product on Steam.

P.S. I'd also think, that it is possible to buy multiple packages and redeem all parts of all of them...
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 01-06-2022 at 12:32 AM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry you ran into that. This limitation should definitely be more prominent on the Shop screen, and we'll get that updated.

The way the system is implemented, you can't apply two backer packages if they both have features that can only be received once. Most of the rewards in those packages simply can't be given out twice. For instance, we can't give two sets of breeding horses to the same account, or give two custom titles to the same account, etc. So if we let you apply two packages that overlap, you wouldn't get the full value of the second package.

Since we knew the packages could only be applied once, we made the VIP time in the bundles extra generous as an incentive. (We don't want to let people get 9 months of VIP for $50 repeatedly, because that price point makes the Steam subscription seem really crappy, and there are rules on Steam about dramatically underselling the Steam version of a subscription.) But we do realize some people want to buy VIP time from the shop, so we're looking at ways to do that. We might just add a new package like "VIP booster pack" which has nothing but VIP time in it, and no special features that overlap with other packages.

In your case, since you've already purchased the second backer package, if you're okay with not receiving the other features of it (aside from the VIP time), we can do that -- please send an email to support@projectgorgon.com and include your unused package code and the name of one of your characters. We can manually apply the VIP time to your account.
    Last edited by Citan; 01-07-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Citan,

Thank you for explaining this to me. I understood that I would not get all the rewards from the pledge, it would for instance be hard to get a second riding skill. Getting the VIP time was exactly what I was after and if we can fix that, I am once again perfectly happy. I think it would be smart to inform about this quite soon, because soon the first batch of players that bought the packages will run out of VIP time and (hopefully) many of them will want more VIP. I will send my information to the email you provided and I'm looking forward to more VIP time. This is the only game in my 25 years of gaming I have liked enough to buy that long VIP durations for, and I am glad I can go back to "just" loving the game. Thanks a lot for making it!

/Rabids

Thread Footer