Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Player Experience in 2022

Note: If you have never played Project Gorgon before, this video has some minor spoilers for tutorial island quests yet I tried my best to keep them explicitly from the video.

This beloved MMORPG has come a long way since I remember playing it in pre-alpha. To the veterans here: what did I get wrong or misunderstand about the game?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice video. I quite enjoyed it.

On the tutorial, you mentioned the island being available when you try the game for free. It also includes Serbule and Serbule hills, which is quite a bit of content plus several dungeons. You can play for a long time for free, and then just continue with the same character after you buy the game.

The only criticism is about "the looming subscription price", which was mentioned in a negative review. It doesn't really exist. There were a ton of knee-jerk reactions when they rolled out the VIP program.

If you made a program of this type for any PTW game, people would scream it wasn't worth it. You just don't get much with it beyond another character slot and some extra storage. Don't get me wrong, storage is nice, but not that nice.

So why is VIP there? Because a lot of us want to support the game. It's quite similar to how people support an author or modder on Patreon. You get to contribute and get a very small reward.

There really is no subscription fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mikhaila,

thank you so much for the clarification & sorry that I only now saw your reply. I felt pulled in both directions when discussing the payment model in particular because, as you know, Project Gorgon has yet to officially release yet has a box price and an optional subscription fee. Some people, even if misguided, responded negatively, and to be as fair as possible, included such a response. Of course, I tried to balance the negativity with the statement that the asking price can be worth it.

Thank you again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Project Gorgon friends! The newest episode is live featuring mounts!

https://youtu.be/swBxssIWPeU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newest episode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animal Handling + Hippocratic Kitty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newest Episode: How to improve Transmutation?

Last edited by MarleVVLL; 03-26-2022 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Wrong video. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Footer