Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phrenology Phail

Hello.

For anyone who doesn’t know how to unlock phrenology and wants to discover it on their own stop reading now…

I stumbled on this myself and since I was already fluent in goblinese, I was able to talk with Glajur. After doing his favors and becoming friends with him he offered to teach me phrenology for a small fee of 0 councils! The problem is that clicking the button to train does not do anything.

This was after the last big update that the problem started. I logged out and in multiple times to see if that might correct it but no luck. I even returned to Glajur’s location on a separate visit days later to see if he changed his mind but still the issue persists.

I was hopeful the last patch might have fixed this. So anyone who wishes to train phrenology having achieved the necessary prerequisites at this point will be on standby until a fix is created. Hopefully soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you buy the species phrenology recipes that Glajur sells? Phrenology is the main skill with many sub-skills. It is an umbrella skill in that when you reach certain level in the sub-skills, it increases the main Phrenology skill. Here is a link to the wiki that tells about it. http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Phrenology

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    did you buy the species phrenology recipes that Glajur sells? Phrenology is the main skill with many sub-skills. It is an umbrella skill in that when you reach certain level in the sub-skills, it increases the main Phrenology skill. Here is a link to the wiki that tells about it. http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Phrenology
    Hey there. No. The recipes won’t do me any good since I can’t train the main skill yet due to the bug.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only way to level up the Phrenology skill, is to level up the subskills of each race. You need the right tool and recipe for different kinds of skulls, for each race. Goblin and raska are the easy ones to max, for me at least. Of course, if there is a bug that has been introduced lately, maybe it is an issue. But in the past all my characters had no trouble do phrenology. If you have a skull in inventory, right clicking it, doing a more info, and checking recipes will tell you if you have a recipe for that kind.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 10-07-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you will need Craniometer and a regular skull starting out, if you have Elf Phrenology Research and Human Phrenology Research, have a skull extractor and go to Eltibule and kill Crazed Cultist Idiots, some are Elves and some are Humans, if you have Skull extractor in inventory, you will get the option to get skull. Then click crafting icon, scroll down to Phrenology, to sub-skill Elf or Human and use the skill. But if you have an impressive skull or an astonishing skull, you cant use them yet until you get a higher spell. Maybe your problem is that you dont have a regular skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that it's broken. I did all of Glajur's favors and have him at Close Friends. Phrenology is available to train, but when I click "Teach Me!", nothing happens. The bar stays blue and no skill is learned. I can only imagine that it's a bug because I've never had this problem before on other toons.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the side of "likely broken." The previous method to learn the skill was:
    1. Reach Comfortable Favor with glajur, then purchase the Learn Phrenology item in Training. This would give you enough XP to reach Level 1.
    2. Purchase the sub-skill recipes (Elf Phrenology Research), which reach require Level 1 to train.
    3. Use the sub-skills to level up the parent skill.

As Phrenology is an umbrella skill now, it no longer has an experience table associated with it. The XP that would be earned from the Training menu likely wouldn't do anything at all. The only method to level it now is through bonus synergy levels, so I can imagine it may just have been an unintended bug from the last update.

However... it might be worth finding out if Glajur offers the Hang-Out "Compare phrenology notes", "Compare more phrenology notes," or "Compare yet more phrenology notes. Each of those gives XP to one of the sub-skills, and I think the value given should be enough to get started on that sub-skill and boost the parent skill to at least level 1. Of course it's possible that those hang-outs are not offered until you know Phrenology, in which case it's still broken.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked and no Hangouts are offered. Bumped my favor up to Best Friends just in case, but still no Hangouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never did his hangouts, so that shouldnt matter. Bug report it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad someone else was able to confirm it's not working. Now we wait...

Thread Footer