Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Traveller's Trinkets/Treasures [Guild Credit Alternative for the Guildless]

Okay so -

Essentially this idea is the 'other side of the same coin' in relation to guild credits, a form of currency that could possibly exist for the lone wolf/guildless players. I've been knocking the idea about for a week or so and thought I'd put it out there and see what sort of responses it'd get. Call it bad, disagree, modify it, overhaul it - up to you. I welcome any and all feedback.

The idea I've been knocking about is having an NPC(s) that would be located in all/certain towns, perhaps cloaked and mysterious, and he/she/it/they will only talk to you if you are guildless. ( *1* Going to stop you right there, reader. Keep going.) The NPC acknowledges your presence if you are not in a guild, that you are alone, and perhaps takes pity on you, so offers you access to their store, (.. after a quest or two maybe?). By store, I mean a barter system in front of a store. (The currency I thought would be something like 'Treasure Points/Traveller Credit/Soloist Shekels'). So, for the aforementioned bartering - let's say along the lines of...

x99 Perfectly Round Pebble = 1 point
    x198 = 3 points
    x297 = 5 points

x99 Goblet = 1 point
    x198 = 3 points
    x297 = 5 points

x99 Jewelry Box = 1 point
    x198 = 3 points
    x297 = 5 points

x99 Plate = 1 point
    x198 = 3 points
    x297 = 5 points

The items in the shop would be a copy+paste of the guild store, maybe a toned down version. You exchange small treasures for the currency/points and can then use those points at the store. Either that or exchange the stacks -themselves- for items. Higher tier items require more valuable treasure stacks. (Untradable / account locked / character locked?)

Guild quests exist so that one can obtain Guild Credits, I think 'Traveller's Tales' (work in progress...) quests could be the alternative here whereby you maybe have to collect item a/b/c or defeat special enemies for unique loot. (Special enemies spawn through relevant quests..?)

Counters to this so no one decides to play Captain Obvious:

1) "Players could use alternate, guildless, characters to access the NPC(s)!!!"
    - Perhaps make it account wide and have a timer on it so that people can't leave a guild then join again after making use of the NPC.
    - ^ Make all items in the shop untradable or attuned to that character once purchased / give them expiration timers.
    - I'm not trying to encourage solo play or antisocial behaviour, PG has very little of that anyway, but I thought it'd be nice if players who did enjoy the gathering alone to have some neat rewards. This does not take away from group play - group play can still,-does-, exist regardless of guilds.
    - Some may bring up the whole 'multi-boxing' issue, but that's a whole other issue..

2) The items I chose were throw away vendor trash for the most apart and merely placeholder examples. I feel the tagline "one man's trash is another man's treasure" fits perfectly here.

3) Sure there is the angle of - "farm items on x character and give them to z character" - I'm sure there is a drastic silly move to counteract that but if someone felt like doing that well then that's their prerogative.

- - -

Anyway, not exactly short or sweet but let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Tsugumori; 03-03-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First impression. It might be hard to balance. If the rewards are just the same as the guild store, i'm inclined to think the storage you get from a one person guild is more valuable than this would be. If the rewards get too good then people may leave guilds (or "dance" in and out) just for the rewards.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the suggestion of more temporary guilds. I don't have a regular set of people I play with... So guilds do nothing for me. It doesn't make me anti-social: The opposite. If I see someone in world, I group with them if they're going the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know what i can add to this discussion other than i like the general feel of your idea, i don't consider myself "qualified" to go into any specifics. I say this as someone who has never been in a guild in PG.

Thread Footer