Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb pgsim - Build Damage Simulator

Hi everyone,

I've been toying with a Project Gorgon combat simulator for a while now, and it (kind of) works well enough to share with other theorycrafters out there.

The goal is to input all the details of a build that matter for damage output (abilities, items, item mods) then simulate ability use over X seconds of combat to see how much damage the build does. It's working pretty well for "standard" abilities and mods, but has plenty of limitations right now (it doesn't track power usage, doesn't sim pets, doesn't sim complicated things like combos, only sims single target combat, etc.). It will (or at least should!) list a warning for each thing it doesn't support when running the simulation.

Try it out here: http://pgsim.herokuapp.com/

You can save a build by copying or bookmarking the URL at any time (it updates continuously as you make changes).

I'm open sourcing the code: https://github.com/orakulam/pgsim. There's also more details in the readme there.

If you have questions, need help, or find a bug (almost guaranteed you'll find some bugs ), please post an issue on GitHub or hit me up (here, on Discord, or in game, same name everywhere).

For programmers out there, I'd absolutely love help! There's a bunch of issues in GitHub already, feel free to send a PR for anything.

Best,
    Valius

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kudos for trying, that's a pretty difficult thing to do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks cool, could be very useful if the bugs could get worked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Kudos for trying, that's a pretty difficult thing to do.
    Thanks, and yeah, parsing all the item mods turned into a hot mess :|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
    Looks cool, could be very useful if the bugs could get worked out
    I'll keep chipping away at it as time permits!

Thread Footer