Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like taiiloring

Since I've been providing critical feedback (*cough* complaining *cough*) about other trade skills I wanted to write a post about a skill I'm really enjoying: Tailoring (and by association Textile Creation).

I really like Tailoring, particularly when comparing it with Leatherworking. I feel like there's some good balance there.

* Leatherworking uses tanned hides, which are easier to get. But the leatherworking recipes require more savings/discipline (they're in expensive books). Tailoring uses cotton, which takes a lot more work to grow than skinning and tanning hides. But the recipes can be bought individually. Tailoring is good for a patient click-er and an impatient spend-er, which is exactly what I happen to be .

* I like the look of the tailored tops and bottoms. I like the progression of more and more decoration and embroidery as they increase in level. My only wish here was that we could get tailored trousers. I think the regular leather gear looks a little meh, but I *really* like the furry Winter armor. Kudos to the artist responsible for the cloth and winter leather assets.

* I love the extra recipes for tailoring. I love that you can add pockets to cloth and leather gear and extra elemental damage to cloth gear. More would be great, it wouldn't even have to be more damage stuff. I like that even in alpha there's a way to customize a part of our armor.

* I like that Tailoring only needs a little bank space. 10 spaces is being PROFLIGATE . You can easily get away with 3-4 spaces. If you're very lean all you need is part of a stack of cotton to make a full set of armor. If you have some cash you can just buy a stack of cotton in a work order.

* I love that when I hit a new skill breakpoint I can just grab my threads and the right two stacks of gems, and I'll have a functional set of armor with pockets in about 15 minutes. The leveling is slow but the creation is fast.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with you that tailoring is enjoyable simply because you can do everything while watching a movie. except for 1 problem and that is textiles.

when compairing tailoring with leatherworking for example tanning has zero craft times for all of its recipes. while tailoring for level 70 gear requires 9.25 4s crafts just to make the materials to make a single piece of gear.

for a single 70 lvl cowl for example this is total number of crafts

3.5x carded cotton
    2x fine cotton thread for 4 thread (1 needed for cotton thread)
    1x coarse cotton thread for 2 thread (needed for volatile muslin)
    .75x cotton thread for 3 cotton thread (2 needed for volatile muslin, 1 for craft)
    2x volatile muslin

then an additional 4s craft to make the piece of gear. in total 41s of crafting to make a single lvl 70 cowl while leatherworking only has 1 craft time+ instant crafts for all tanning recipes.

so no I'm sorry tailoring needs some work imo, it already takes 23k cotton to hit max and that takes around 50-60 hours of gardening. add on the extra worthless craft times and you can easily push that into 80+ hours.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really don't think there is an issue with it taking time to do tailoring, it will also be something that benefits from Autodidactism once it is added.

hope we get work orders for cowls, slippers, and gloves soon.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    * I like that Tailoring only needs a little bank space. 10 spaces is being PROFLIGATE . You can easily get away with 3-4 spaces. If you're very lean all you need is part of a stack of cotton to make a full set of armor. If you have some cash you can just buy a stack of cotton in a work order.
    Weird, my experience to completely opposite. For leatherworking I will store a few types of skins, and... that's it. With tailoring, I store many different items and intermediate products like Cotton Threads, add to that bottles of water that are sort of required if you grow cotton, and one of my storage is just full of tailoring items, never getting empty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Weird, my experience to completely opposite. For leatherworking I will store a few types of skins, and... that's it. With tailoring, I store many different items and intermediate products like Cotton Threads, add to that bottles of water that are sort of required if you grow cotton, and one of my storage is just full of tailoring items, never getting empty.
    Issues with gardening and that storage is more on the side of Textile Creation than Tailoring.

You only need to store three threads and a couple raw materials to tailor a new set of gear. I don't count gem storage as part of tailoring as it's used for all enchanted equipment recipes.

I don't have to store things like butter muslin and voile muslin for tailoring. I can make them as needed. You don't need exotic materials on hand from other trees. You could tailor a full set of cloth armor from a stack of raw cotton.

Compare that to fletching. I need dowels, feathers, various acids, various bits and bobs to attach to the shafts to make them sturdier (depending on the tier of arrow), flint stones which get different parts attached to them to make them stronger. To make fletching boxes you need more wood, and metal nails. Fletching requires a lot of storage. Or to pay cash to NPCs to make up for your lack of storage (buying the parts).

Quote Originally Posted by Dmdtt2 View Post
    then an additional 4s craft to make the piece of gear. in total 41s of crafting to make a single lvl 70 cowl while leatherworking only has 1 craft time+ instant crafts for all tanning recipes.
    Again this is an issue with textile creation, not tailoring.

Maybe we should start a thread to provide feedback on the problems with Textile Creation?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps that has to do with Textile being for not only Tailoring but also Flower Arrangement and Cheesemaking.

It has a lot of branch options and if the issue is storage than I can only imagine the response being "use storage sparingly" or "be more proactive with managing space". I ignored tailoring for the longest time because eh.. wolf gear > everything. Starting up in it I do find it interesting so I suppose this is a topic I may need to come back to.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Thread Footer