Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Combat log changes

I'm starting this thread in case people want to suggest changes or request additional features in the chat log files regarding [Combat] lines.

Logs can be used to test a particular build, ability, or mob, but can also be used for real-time DPS info. I'm just going to focus on the later.

For real-time DPS it is slightly annoying to associate damage and the current skills + gear used when it changes. When switching between combat sets for instance. So I'd like to see an additional line in logs when one uses a loadout.

Ex:
    [Status] Using loadout #2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    File wise, it would be great if they added healing.
    It could also be helpful if they added an exit/enter combat line, and an enter zone message (actually idk if that already exists or not).

As far as a parser, it's neat that we'll eventually have a parser that tracks real time damage, and/or get a report on how much dmg came from each skill over the day or past 5 mins.

I'm thinking about using it as an opportunity to learn some more coding but ehh Niph will do it better than I could even imagine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already spent some time parsing the damage lots, but without all the damage its hard to make good-use of it. Here's my brain-dump on ideas for how to improve the combat logs:

- Pet relationships: Would be nice to be able to identify pet relationships with their owners easily, technically I would think the damage record of a pet should identify the pet owner in some way. This goes with summoner enemies if possible as well.

- Share data with players: Generally I think it would help to collect/share more data across a party so that a group can see how their allies are doing. Specifically it would be nice to have a way to allow other players and myself to opt-in to sharing our data to each others' reports. This would mean everyone who is logging data and opted in would all get the same data logged to their report regarding combat activities. A fae player might want to compare how much damage their allies do with and without the conduit buffs on average.

- DOT meta data: It sounds like DOT damage summary is coming, I think the simplest non-spammy way to report a DOT damage would be one line for all damage dealt by a dot of a single type. Defining what "Single Type" means is tricky, I'm not sure I have a perfect definition thought out yet, at the moment I think the extremes would be:
    ++ Simple: just a single total amount of damage dealt by all dot sources associated with a given attack and attack type. E.g., Fire Breath DOT Fire 2000
    ++ More detail: include # of dot ticks that were actually applied, include a row for every different gear mod that produced new, unique duration dots (fire breath has a 12s [inherent] and 10s fire dot[mods])

- Debuff & Buff effects: Would be nice to see certain combat-oriented debuff effects and their duration (notably net of any diminishing returns). Examples off non-combat debuffs include: blinds (+ the % chance to miss), stuns, slows (+ % slow), etc.
    Buff effects would include things like unfetter, chance to hit bonuses, damage bonuses, etc. (Also see the food/consumable section below)

- Non-health resources: In addition to healing, I'd love to see reports on non-passive replenishment for armor, power, metabolism (? not sure if this happens). Revives should be identifiable (not sure if they are now). it would be nice to include information like overhealing and a way to track the targets' HP easily in the reports.
    ++ Damage mitigated by buffs like extra skin would be neat. I think the reporting information might need to be simplified, either by just stating how much damage was mitigated in total from each attack report log (don't list sources). Another option (having both would be nice too) would be to summarize the mitigation data when the players' exit combat. The likely-spammy version would be to report all mitigation by source :/
    ++ Similar considerations to dots would also apply here with all of the non-damage sources with over-time effects

- Taunt / Aggro Data: Maybe make this a toggle for additional information? Could include 2 different values for each attack, actual damage and aggro-related damage. There's a lot of other events related to this that are worth considering (E.g., is there a way to report the effect of Gazluk Keep Lieutenants aggro effect)
    ++ It would also be nice to report taunt effects with duration

- Enemy non-ability combat events Notably it would be nice to include a timestamp notification on when a certain enemy enters comat, and why (e.g., Officer #3 Shouted for Help) in addition, if you don't already it would be nice to include deaths & death reasons.

- Rage Damage: Similar to Aggro data, would be nice to see reports for rage damage and rage overdamage. Would also be nice to see the current and total possible rage of the target in this record.

- Food/other personal consumable item events: It would be nice to include a report-out on when specific stat-altering buffs start/stop and include how they affect the stats of the player. The ones that come to mind include: Food, Snack, Liquor, Beer, Dance Appreciation, Music appreciation, Potion buffs of any type, Mediation effects, Calligraphy Effects, Curses, Poetry/Dance Bonus Effects, Candles, etc. (I'm sure I missed something)

- Report consumed resources E.g., spore bombs, diamonds (rez), first aid kits, armor patch kits, etc.
    Last edited by ChompyNibblers; 04-12-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Footer