Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and now its working. go figure.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since the patch the desynchronization between graphic of your target and the interaction button has become really bad. It used to be annoying, but now it feels buggy.

For instance, in normal view (after view reset for instance), if I summon the corpse of my tiger pet, the corpse appears at my feet at the bottom of the screen, but the Check button is at the top, hidden behind buff icons.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am appreciative of the changes, and happy ya'll are looking into new bugs so quickly. I finally got around to looking at the new hammer icons and my thoughts... they're not very good. I get they are what they are and they won’t be changed again but here is some feedback moving forward. I also get there is that bias where people are used to what they know, and I viewed it in the skill window so they were smaller than intended. It looks like the designer was told the icons need to be intuitive to the name of the skill so they tried to make some scene based on that. The results are just too busy. And it kind of looks like it was designed with color markers and paper, or by those cartoonist that try to draw children visiting the boardwalk where they ask if they like baseball and they draw them playing baseball. No idea of the name of those artist, but they’re a thing!

I think treating it like a simple logo-style is better. There is criticism with that as well ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZp7BvQJnU8 ). To talk about a few skills that kinda bug me, the smoke/dust in pound looks like cartoon fists and the hammer (which looks like an anchor) is about to play fisty cups with someone. Or maybe it’s a mustache. I can’t even tell whats going on in reckless slam. I think Thunderstrike and leaping smash would be better if the pictures were zoomed in, cutting off the person doing the action some. Way of the hammer is actually really good because it’s simple and distinct.

Icons are not the end of the world, but I think less is more with these things.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the update, great work and glad now the base to build on is finally in, can't wait for what's to come.

Since someone talking about it, looking at the old Hammer icons it was good thinking of changing them with more action instead of a bunch of big hammers images.
    The new icons for the Hammer skill are weird looking some are decent but most are not good i can see a broader description of the ability is being interpreted but i think when it came to compressing these images to icons something happened. 'Look at my hammer" not sure i'm playing PG on that one or watching Anime.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I want in on the Hammer Icon talk as well

I really like the new Way of the Hammer icon. I also like the Reverberating Strike, Seismic Impact, Rib Shatter.

Now Look at my Hammer is a special case. For me I actually like it, I am charmed by it's cuteness. If I was thinking about moving away from the being cute, I would go with trying something like a hammer extended high above wielders head. But I know from experience that working on small symbols is really hard.

I would say the rest of the icons are okay.

But I also can't tell what is going on in Reckless Slam.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Animal Handling pet Window is still hard to read:

PetWindow.jpg

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This update is good but losing the old dance 4 is a travesty. That was the best dance!

Thread Footer