Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Thread: Reward Tiers
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The point of me quoting Citan over and over was to underline that he kept the vagueness on purpose most likely. There's no point picking apart my posts, it's really unimportant when mangling shot was added, the point is we get to keep more than other games allow. No, there's no guarantee that the abilities will all be kept unchanged.

On topic-tbh I don't really wanna post how much i donated or when. I don't even like the idea of being mentioned anywhere (forum or credits). It creates unnecessary friction/animosity/bragging imho and I'd rather not. I think that many players that i know contributed only with the basic package actually contributed way more to the development by playing for a long time and offering invaluable data for years. I think that's a more important contribution than $$.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I think that many players that i know contributed only with the basic package actually contributed way more to the development by playing for a long time and offering invaluable data for years. I think that's a more important contribution than $$.
    "Time is money" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ok with whatever they do but I am new and so for me it is not as big of a loss. I really feel if they fully wipe and someone worked hard for a long time.

I am trying to not overdo it so I don't feel too much pain if they go the wipe route. I feel like they won't though by reading what they say but you never know in games as they say they have to do what is best for the success and longevity of the game.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Speaking of rewards I thought it would be nice if very old players like ErDrick, Awatu, Lyra, Cowinator, maybe even Mortitia would receive some sort of cool ingame title (even if it's an honorific one) since they contributed quite a lot during the years (not only to development but helped creating the community too).

edit - I forgot BetaNotus, apologies (probably few others for which I apologize in advance)
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-06-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to just say here that I find it hard to understand why people feel they somehow need to be rewarded. We've had a fun game, and and a fun experience testing. That should be reward in itself. The fact that we've been involved in the game, for free, for months and years. We've made friends, built a community warts and all. I've by turn been happy, frustrated, excited and annoyed. But it's been all the reward I would have expected.

I personally would prefer a full wipe. I've chipped in my thoughts many times in global on the subject and on these forums. My reasoning is simple and I won't go into it.

However, I realise a handful of people who like me have loads of stuff maxed, and millions of councils invested in training don't want to lose it, and therefore I would love it if at launch this server was made a legacy server, and kept running. Maybe as the test server. Just stop new players from rolling characters on it and allow people from alpha to roll on the new servers as well. This would put the discussion to bed once and for all. In fact, then there might not need to be any sort of wipe of anything at all on the legacy server, because it just wouldn't matter.

With a partial wipe, and all skills intact we can land on Anagoge, put the wrong coordinates in and set primary bind in Rahu, level to 10 dying to get to serbule, then run to Eltibule and farm cotton. Then do some surveys and make some level 70 gear. In a day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That could work. From what I remember, there will be Shards instead of Servers though. Like Runescape. But labeling one as Legacy would work just fine.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see a legacy server working, not necessarily as -the- test server, but the let's say 'live test server'. However, I see it as kind of pointless for such a server to exist as why would players have any incentive to move to the actual proper servers if they have stuff on the aforementioned legacy one. So in that sense it would matter.

The thing that doesn't matter is the wipe. If a char is multi-capped in trade/combat/misc. your reward is getting to keep some, if not all, of those skills. Also locking off the server to new players? Segregation and special treatment will go down well with future players lol...

That doesn't put the discussion to bed whatsoever though, what should be said is this:
    "There is a wipe coming. It's months on top of months away. No one knows for sure what will be wiped for certain, the wipe itself is iffy at best."
    "Don't complain about it, what will that honestly accomplish. Don't spend your time on the forums if you're so concerned with it, play the game, level, don't put too much stock in in game items - use what you have to level skills."
    " ^ From what has been said in the past money and items has been somewhat set in stone that they'll be wiped, its maybe not a given, but appears more than likely. Anything you have is better off invested in skills as a result."
    " . . . 'But what skills do I invest in? I don't want to waste my time!!!!!!' etc etc etc... Seriously? Project Gorgon is a black hole when it comes to time, there is so much to do it's a miracle being able to focus on specific things to level. You're only wasting your own time when you ask a question like that. Level whatever you want, if a partial skill wipe happens and you happen to be one of the unlucky few caught in that, so what? Again, seriously, so what? You'll have the knowledge of where to get things and how to do things so it's not like your time has just been erased."
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time invested in game means you also had fun doing those things. Admittedly I hate redoing some of the skills (like phrenology) but meh, it will go faster next time.

As for rewards, nobody is "expecting" any rewards, the OP referred to the rewards/packages that were/are available to buy. Aka preordering/prebuying the game client. My title reward suggestion referred to only a handful of players and would have no impact on the gameplay, more like a recognition (Citan already named some gear pieces and books after some of these players anyway).

I had no idea Citan was planning on shards/servers, I thought that was only a possibility if the game gets way more players than expected and in that case-providing there's demand for it-he said he'd consider a PvP server (which to me sounded like a very distant future or maybe never).

If anyone would like to post a link to where shards were mentioned?
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-06-2017 at 07:25 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #49
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We don't plan on having additional servers outside the possibility of having a test server unless server population dictates otherwise - which we hope it does!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    We don't plan on having additional servers outside the possibility of having a test server unless server population dictates otherwise - which we hope it does!
    Thanks, I thought I missed some blog post or interview

Thread Footer