Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thread: Reward Tiers
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reward Tiers

Hi!
    Just donated to this game. I did the Patron Package in the Project Gorgon Shop.

This game is amazing and I firmly support what the developers are doing! Looking forward to getting the game via steam when it comes out!

A question and a sort of "poll"

Question:
    When it comes out on Steam will we retain our "accounts" as in our characters?

Poll:
    Did you contribute to the development of this game?

Happy hunting to all!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can already connect your steam account to your Gorgon account here on the forum. When the early release to steam happens (most recently slated for March 2017), nothing about your character will change. When the full steam release occurs (now targeted for December 2017), there will be a partial wipe, which will clear everything but your character's skills. So we get to keep our skills--that's good.

As for the poll--there are lists of who contributed on both the kickstarter and the indiegogo. And the forum itself is tracking the most recent contributions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On from what @Greyfyn said:

Anyone who backs the game will receive a steam key when the steam release nears, which as Grey said will be roughly Dec. 2017.

As for the poll, I backed the game during the last kickstarter after playing PG for a week, definitely a wise move and I tip my hate to my past self.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aside from money contributions everyone can contribute to the development by helping detect bugs and offering feedback and suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the information. Steam already hooked in all regards. Whew...Boolan does not want to "die" again like on AC!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfyn View Post
    When the full steam release occurs (now targeted for December 2017), there will be a partial wipe, which will clear everything but your character's skills. So we get to keep our skills--that's good.
    As far as i know, nothing is finalized regarding the wipe, though Greyfin's scenario is the most likely one.

http://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq.p..._characterwipe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    As far as i know, nothing is finalized regarding the wipe, though Greyfin's scenario is the most likely one.

http://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq.p..._characterwipe
    You're right. but this official word is as close to a finalization as we'll probably get. Granted, anything can change at any time. so like I said, as close to a finalization as we'll probably get.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    You're right. but this official word is as close to a finalization as we'll probably get. Granted, anything can change at any time. so like I said, as close to a finalization as we'll probably get.
    Sure. I just think it's best to make sure people know that nothing is final. I simply want to avoid potential frustration if something changes (insofar as is possible).

I hear a lot of "coins and items and maybe favor will be wiped and nothing else will" being bandied about in global whenever the wipe topic comes up, and i'm concerned about false expectations should some skills/abilites be wiped or something. Probably not a major concern; i just hope people are prepared for possible contingencies.
    Last edited by alleryn; 02-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are ready to make donations. It'd be nice to have a rough idea what a house would be like, if it'll have storage (assume so, about how much), travel options to get there, etc. Also, regarding VIP access, would like to have some idea what we're getting 1 year vs 5 year in the two $100/$500 packages. I guess what I mean there is - about what might we expect VIP access to cost once the game goes live? I realize these details may be real murky yet, but we've been teetering on this decision for quite some time and a little more information would help.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitra View Post
    My wife and I are ready to make donations. It'd be nice to have a rough idea what a house would be like, if it'll have storage (assume so, about how much), travel options to get there, etc. Also, regarding VIP access, would like to have some idea what we're getting 1 year vs 5 year in the two $100/$500 packages. I guess what I mean there is - about what might we expect VIP access to cost once the game goes live? I realize these details may be real murky yet, but we've been teetering on this decision for quite some time and a little more information would help.
    For a bit more info on VIP, try looking here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-gorgon-pc-mmo (though note it does say it's subject to change).

Thread Footer