Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member Grief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    7 (103 Banked)

    [Suggestion] First Aid Bombs available to all players

    First Aid Bombs currently require a Beast Form to use and provide an AoE burst heal.

    While I believe you should be a beast to learn this skill, a character should be able to apply their knowledge outside of beast form as a humanoid.

    In game alias: Nymandil


  2. #2
    Senior Member Mikhaila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,128 (0 Banked)
    I'll disagree. When you play as a beast you take on a lot of disadvantages. FA Bombs are a little advantage that mitigates some of the problems of being a beast.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Grief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    7 (103 Banked)
    While I understand that beast forms do certainly have disadvantages, they are clearly listed to the player before they actively choose to take on the form. It could be argued that beast forms offer advantages that are not shared with their humanoid counterparts, and yet, that diversity and difference is realistic.

    Limiting a skill like First Aid Bomb to Beast Form users only is both illogical and thematically flawed - how could a humanoid not use a device that animals can? Especially a humanoid who received training from a beast.

    If your only argument is that Beast Form is disadvantaged and requires "all the help it can get", that speaks more to the flaws of a system that need to be updated.

    In game alias: Nymandil


  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Administrator Citan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    565
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Points
    2,607 (0 Banked)
    Well, we did add that ability specifically to give beast forms another useful group tool. I would sooner take it out than make it available to all forms.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mikhaila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,128 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grief View Post
    While I understand that beast forms do certainly have disadvantages, they are clearly listed to the player before they actively choose to take on the form. It could be argued that beast forms offer advantages that are not shared with their humanoid counterparts, and yet, that diversity and difference is realistic.

    Limiting a skill like First Aid Bomb to Beast Form users only is both illogical and thematically flawed - how could a humanoid not use a device that animals can? Especially a humanoid who received training from a beast.

    If your only argument is that Beast Form is disadvantaged and requires "all the help it can get", that speaks more to the flaws of a system that need to be updated.
    Not even the argument I was making at all. I'm not arguing that beast forms "need all the help they can get". I'm saying that there is a balance. Beast forms lose some things, and gain other things. One of the things that they gain is the first aid bomb.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Grief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    7 (103 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Well, we did add that ability specifically to give beast forms another useful group tool. I would sooner take it out than make it available to all forms.
    I think it's great that you've taken time to consider the support aspect of Beast Forms. However, this is another feature that comes across as intuitively flawed, that it to say it doesn't follow the logic that the average player would assume.

    If a player becomes an animal and learns the ability to craft and use First Aid Bombs - a device that is so simple to operate that a creature without hands can use it - if that player was to transform back into a human they wouldn't just forget how to use this device.

    I hope that makes sense, I hope I am getting my opinion across correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Not even the argument I was making at all. I'm not arguing that beast forms "need all the help they can get". I'm saying that there is a balance. Beast forms lose some things, and gain other things. One of the things that they gain is the first aid bomb.
    This has become pedantic.
    "FA Bombs are a little advantage that mitigates some of the problems of being a beast." is the equivalent of saying that animal forms require all the help that they can get. I may have exaggerated your argument for the purpose of dramatic irony, but the point remains.

    Animals have several logical solutions to "balance" their disadvantages. An example would be the evolutionary traits of Survival Instincts. This could be an area where new abilities could be added to provide the answers that animals need.

    Again, my main gripe is that First Aid Bombs are literally a device - a physical object that is interacted with. Humanoids would be able to use these devices. As someone who is observing the skill as what it is, it doesn't intuitively make sense - one would assume that humanoids should be able to use them.

    As I stated in my original post, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have the existing prerequisite of learning this skill from an animal (and therefore requiring to be in Beast Form).

    In game alias: Nymandil


  7. #7
    Senior Member Mikhaila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,128 (0 Banked)
    Nope. You've decided in your head that I'm trying to say animal forms need all the help they can get.

    Why do two legs need FA Bombs? are they so weak that "they need all the help they can get".?

    No, that's silly. Each has advantages and disadvantages that seem to balance out well. You just find it "illogical". That's not a game problem, it's just something that bugs you.

    But, in any case, it's not happening so I'll drop out of this.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Grief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    7 (103 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Nope. You've decided in your head that I'm trying to say animal forms need all the help they can get.

    Why do two legs need FA Bombs? are they so weak that "they need all the help they can get".?

    No, that's silly. Each has advantages and disadvantages that seem to balance out well. You just find it "illogical". That's not a game problem, it's just something that bugs you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    But, in any case, it's not happening so I'll drop out of this.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    In game alias: Nymandil




Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •