Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we get this board to be more active?

Some suggestions on driving more traffic towards these boards would be great! I come here almost everyday but sometimes hours or even days go by without a post being made.

What can we do to change that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mean... this answer is going to sound pretty dumb, but ... make interesting and engaging posts.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a lot of problems people can use the ingame ticket system. The help and demo channels are also quite useful and active. So a lot of possible posts get taken care of in game. But i think the main thing is that people would rather play than talk on a forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forums in the 00's were moderate, perhaps 15-20% of the MMO (literally any) would passively use and 1-5% would be active.

This is for MMO's that stretch 100k+++ and so, would see plenty of action of multiple sections of the forums, regardless of game.

Here, a decade+ later, we have Discord and a tiny population over what the typical MMO houses, smaller than some EMU's I frequent. Discord covers most bases in game chat does not, it is rare to even need to use the forums in its current state.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivini View Post
    Here, a decade+ later, we have Discord and a tiny population over what the typical MMO houses, smaller than some EMU's I frequent. Discord covers most bases in game chat does not, it is rare to even need to use the forums in its current state.
    Right, you really need something with a lot of depth to make a good forum thread. Anything that's just airplane chatter might as well just go in a live chatroom like discord (link to the Unofficial Gorgon's Head discord: https://discord.com/invite/0o57AFlvElMVYR5r).

I don't know there's any need to 'promote' the forum, but if such is your aim, then i would suggest sitting and ruminating about some aspect of Project Gorgon, write an essay about it, refine the draft a few times, pick an interesting question that you've been unable to resolve in your own mind from the essay, post the relevant sections and ask people's opinions on the subject.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at threads that have a high amount of interaction. Some of these are showing results from testing out the brewing skill, how the math works on combat skills, the strengths of each animal form, etc.

Thread Footer