Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Sooo many hogs
  1. #1
    Junior Member shauma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    180 (0 Banked)

    Sooo many hogs

    I like to spend time surveying, I'm also raising some new weapon skills. And what have I noticed in Serbule, Serbule Hills, and Elitbule. Hogs. Hogs everywhere. Super-aggressive, and always lousy exp for the zone hogs coming at me from every direction. I started to feel like I was playing "Project Pork Processor" because I was killing more hogs than Oscar Meyer. I actually stopped playing for a week because I got so tired of the tedium of being attacked by hogs. Do something about the pigs! This game needs to reduce aggro ranges of mobs when you've out-levelled them by a lot, like WoW does. This would help greatly.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Aionlasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    962 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shauma View Post
    I like to spend time surveying, I'm also raising some new weapon skills. And what have I noticed in Serbule, Serbule Hills, and Elitbule. Hogs. Hogs everywhere. Super-aggressive, and always lousy exp for the zone hogs coming at me from every direction. I started to feel like I was playing "Project Pork Processor" because I was killing more hogs than Oscar Meyer. I actually stopped playing for a week because I got so tired of the tedium of being attacked by hogs. Do something about the pigs! This game needs to reduce aggro ranges of mobs when you've out-levelled them by a lot, like WoW does. This would help greatly.
    Agreed. Lower level mobs outside of dungeons should not be so aggressive when you clearly overpower them. It is annoying. Its not necessary to have such an annoying mechanic.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yaffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    865 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by shauma View Post
    This game needs to reduce aggro ranges of mobs when you've out-levelled them by a lot, like WoW does. This would help greatly.
    But what if you want to fight the mobs? Wouldn't it be annoying if you wanted to farm some enemies and pulling them was much slower just because your level was higher?
    It makes sense in WoW because there's almost no reason to ever grind on low level enemies, but in Project Gorgon there's plenty of reasons to do so. I know low level enemies can be annoying sometimes, but changing an entire mechanic because you have to waste a few seconds one shotting a pig every once in a while for surveying is kind of extreme.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 01-24-2021 at 03:41 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aionlasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    962 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    But what if you want to fight the mobs? Wouldn't it be annoying if you wanted to farm some enemies and pulling them was much slower just because your level was higher?
    It makes sense in WoW because there's almost no reason to ever grind on low level enemies, but in Project Gorgon there's plenty of reasons to do so. I know low level enemies can be annoying sometimes, but changing an entire mechanic because you have to waste a few seconds one shotting a pig every once in a while for surveying is kind of extreme.
    So making mobs outdoors less aggressive if you vastly overpower them prevents you from farming them......? -.-

  5. #5
    Senior Member Yaffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    865 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    So making mobs outdoors less aggressive if you vastly overpower them prevents you from farming them......? -.-
    It makes it slower, not impossible. The same way how low level pigs don't prevent a high level player from doing surveying.

    I think when it comes to hampering combat or surveying, I think combat should be taking priority. If a high level player trying to do surveying has to fight a pig they can one shot every few minutes that's not much of a problem. If a high level player just wants to grab some pork then the reduced aggro radius could annoy them for every pig they want to fight.

    Basically what I'm saying is that reducing mob aggro radius just because it might annoy you during surveying or gathering is a bad idea. It would have a major effect for a majority of the game's content and can cause more annoyances than it would solve. Plus, surveying should be slightly more involved than just walking from point A to point B, obstacles like enemies are a big part why the higher level surveys are supposed to be more lucrative. Asking the player to fight an enemy every once in a while isn't a bad thing.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 01-24-2021 at 08:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Member DeafHeaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    122 (174 Banked)
    I've never really noticed this issue when I am surveying, mind you I am in deer form, not sure if that makes a difference.



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •