Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Suggestion: A fix to the 1 uncurable Boss curse

Every Boss curse in the game has a simple cure. Kill the Boss.

Every Boss except 1, that boss has nobody begging for a cure. WHY? The curse makes them want to be cursed.

Now I speak for many Druids and other players, the Enyos curse needs a forced cure to preserve our sanity!

I suggest a cure like this:
    1 - A party of 5 players is formed
    2 - The party casts a binding spell on the cursed player.
    ..A - Accuracy applies to the spell
    ..B - Resistance, evasion, dodge, etc applies to the cursed player.
    3 - Once bound the player is forced to follow the party.
    ..A - The binding costs power every tick. Total cost is determined by the bound players level divided amoung the party members.
    ..B - The binding can be revoked by the party at any time.
    4 - The bound player gets a chance to break free every refresh, teleport, Zone change, death of a party member or loss of concentration.
    ..A - Loss of concentration is if less than 3 party members have 100 or more power.
    ..B - The chance to break free should be something like power + resistance vs % party power + boosts
    5 - Once drug into the Ranlon Cave the chance to escape rises
    ..A - 10% better chance in the Cave.
    ..B - The bound player can attack the party at 20% normal damage and 2x slower CD.
    6 - When inside the Boss Den the chance rises more.
    ..A - 25% better chance to escape.
    ..B - 50% normal damage and 50% slower CD.

Escaping...
    1 - RUN!
    2 - Pretend to still be bound......
    3 - Attack the binding party at full strength + 10% damage and faster CD

The bound player can not escape by dying! The binding spell acts as a tether until escape, or conversion/death of the party!

This should be a dangerous operation to undertake but the results are worth it! The bound player is granted a MONTH of the "Frog Licker" curse immunity once the curse is broken!
    Last edited by cozycats; 01-01-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, as piece of fiction, it is interesting.

If serious, a few problems. 1) The mechanics are probably beyond the scope of what's possible. Traveling across a zone probably messes it up. Or clicking on many instant teleports, various skills, etc. Or simply logging out.

2) This is essentially PVP. If someone doesn't want the curse removed, they aren't going to appreciate the efforts by the group, and things will run downhill from there.The PVP aspect will expand, with the individual asking for help, others getting involved, chat going to hell, and admin needing to be involved. Pitting players against each other, especially in a several vs. one scenario, is not good for community.

3) If you truly don't like the curse, this isn't the way to get people to stop. You'll see a lot more people with it.

If the curse really bugs you, you can always just choose to put people on ignore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Enyos, and what is his curse? Can't find it in the wiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enoyos is the god of the oceans that the ranalon worship. The curse cozy is talking about is from the doctrine keeper in the ranalon den. It adds text to your chat messages, that badmouthes druids/devra or ranalon prpaganda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqesse View Post
    Enoyos is the god of the oceans that the ranalon worship. The curse cozy is talking about is from the doctrine keeper in the ranalon den. It adds text to your chat messages, that badmouthes druids/devra or ranalon prpaganda.
    Oh that. I wondered about that. I've seen all that talk and wondered what it was about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahah yeah. Ranalon doctrine curse is the only one that punishes OTHER players by forcing chat spam on them. :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    Hahahah yeah. Ranalon doctrine curse is the only one that punishes OTHER players by forcing chat spam on them. :P
    Curse like that by far not only, that one is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one problem with this curse is as Clip stated "Ranalon doctrine curse is the only one that punishes OTHER players by forcing chat spam on them."

Well, one of the 2 problems with this curse....The other is that if you RP the game then you never want the curse removed, OR you remain silent to stop the spamming and the game suffers a loss in chat. Chartok used to be great to talk to and quite helpful, now he seldom talks. This has happened to too many players and needs some type of reversal.

Maybe some other type of group effort that doesn't involve conflict? Something easy to do? A group quest (5/6 people) to get a Doctorine potion that just has to be used by a player near the inflicted?

As it stands I would love to farm the Doctorine Keeper for a few items but if I got the curse then I could not get the items AND would not want the curse removed if I was RPing AND would pretty much shut up in chat and after a while quit the game since I could not stand my own spamming and causing others the fun of listening to my spam.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cozycats View Post
    The one problem with this curse is as Clip stated "Ranalon doctrine curse is the only one that punishes OTHER players by forcing chat spam on them."

Well, one of the 2 problems with this curse....The other is that if you RP the game then you never want the curse removed, OR you remain silent to stop the spamming and the game suffers a loss in chat. Chartok used to be great to talk to and quite helpful, now he seldom talks. This has happened to too many players and needs some type of reversal.

Maybe some other type of group effort that doesn't involve conflict? Something easy to do? A group quest (5/6 people) to get a Doctorine potion that just has to be used by a player near the inflicted?

As it stands I would love to farm the Doctorine Keeper for a few items but if I got the curse then I could not get the items AND would not want the curse removed if I was RPing AND would pretty much shut up in chat and after a while quit the game since I could not stand my own spamming and causing others the fun of listening to my spam.
    ? I'm sure if Chartok feels like talking, he just talks.

The whole "and then I'd have to shut up or quit the game" is fairly silly. 1) You're at a level where i really can't see you dying to a mob in a low level dungeon. 2) Not tough to get someone to come help you kill him if you did.

Thread Footer