This is a subject that has been a bit of a pain recently. I think the fees for the player shops need to be reworked. Allow me to elaborate.

I started off with my first player shop after reaching the required level in retail management and I was so excited to get started. At first the fee seemed fine and the system also (specific fee per 24 hours which increases over time). After all, I remember reading the idea behind the play shops is temporary rentals and not for players to rent 24/7. So far so good.

The more I advanced in the rental fee (I had things to sell and might as well level retail management right?) the more I found myself struggling to make a profit.
Not because I had very little to sell, quite the contrary. I had a healthy supply of fire dust, random scrolls and skill books on the daily, and gems here and there. So stock was not an issue.
The issue was demand. Not in terms of price, because I would verify quite regularly to make sure I was competitive with prices but in terms of player population.

Now fast forward 22 days after my first day renting the stall, and I'm paying a whopping 5,5k (or something like that) per day for rent. I had no choice but to stop renting. While rent was affordable given the current market, I was able to level the skills I wanted, pay the fees required for said leveling and the game felt great. Because I wasn't blocked by a financial requirement that I couldn't keep up with.

Now I also realised that the fees lower in time. ONE day at a time. which means I would have to wait another week or so to be able to rent one without it costing me more then it's worth. Now the cherry on the sundae is that I have no more room. I had stuff I was selling, and now it's flooding my storage and inventory basically leaving me with 10 slots of free space.

All this ends with me currently trying to do certain things that don't require a lot of inventory space which let's face it, doesn't exist in PG lol. So I'm stuck waiting for the fee to go down to rent for another 5 days or so.

Now don't get me wrong, the system isn't bad. In fact, as of today my fee would be 4875 if I rented it and if the player population was high enough, it probably would be worth it but it's not.

Of course if I played 10 hours a day it probably wouldn't be an issue but that's not the case and I don't think it's a great move to base this system solely on players who can play A LOT.

Just my two cents...