Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Project: Gorgon? Want to see it succeed even more? Join the donation drive!

Elder Game, LLC is not anywhere close to hitting their $5000 donation goal for 2020. The $5,000, while not required, is used to cover development costs. Please consider donating to Project: Gorgon's continued development here, treat yourself to a support package here, buy a copy for your friend(s) here or help spread the word on social media.

As an indie development, Project: Gorgon is not subject to the demands of a publisher but that also means that we don’t receive funding for development.
    Your donation will be used for costs associated with developing Project: Gorgon.
    Hello everyone!

Before I begin to explain this post, I want to start with a quote from Citan (Source, thank you BetaNotus):
    I'm still just one person, doing most of the day-to-day coding and content. And if I just work at normal speeds, it's not enough. MMOs are big games. To make it happen, my secret weapon is enthusiasm. Being enthusiastic makes me faster. A LOT faster.

As an example of what enthusiasm can do, I implemented all of Ice Magic in a day and a half because I was excited about it. I designed and implemented all the abilities, gear, particles, effects, pets, advancement, everything. If I wasn't enthusiastic, that task would have taken a week or more.
    I know it's kind of an odd pull from the past but I chose this quote to remind everyone that Project: Gorgon is being created by a real human that is driven by our continued excitement for this wonderful game that he has created.

So... why did you feel the need to make this post?
    Well, as most of us are well aware, Project: Gorgon is a passion project that is not backed by any publishers or investors. It's a massive undertaking that relies solely on contributions from the community in order to continue development.

It's my hope that we can help feed Citan's enthusiasm by showing our support for Project: Gorgon this Holiday Season! It's optional of course but if you can't help financially, it would mean wonders to the rest of community if you could convince some friends to try the Free Demo, or even make a post on Twitter to help get the word out(#MMORPG is still valid).

With roughly 18 months to go until launch, let's show them our support on the road to release!

As of 11/10: 14% of their donation goal for 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting my money where my mouth is, I just acquired a Thoroughbred Breeder Package.

I was able to justify it as I purchased Project Gorgon back in 2016 and have enjoyed the game for several hundreds of hours ever since, at no additional cost.
    I also justified it as "6 months worth a subscription to play a worse game elsewhere" and when the time comes, I will be able to enjoy the 12-months of VIP membership.
    But above all, I was able to justify it as it's a spirit of the Holidays "donation" to the most ambitious developer that I know.

Now to go bug more of my friends to join us

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess would be that the 14% of 5000.00 that shows is from donations that do not go towards a package. I'd assume that since there are packages available, the bulk of people buy packages. Two different pockets maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're absolutely right, the donations do not include the packages.

That said, the holidays are the time for giving and perhaps those that already have a package might be willing to donate to help the developer this holiday season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally agree, but also...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're using that in the wrong context but I generally get what you're trying to say.

To be fair, I will gladly be a shill for them because I know just how much hard work and passion they have poured into Project: Gorgon. At this point, two crowdfunding campaigns later, it would be hard for them to send out a newsletter to seek additional funds from their fanbase without looking like beggars. That said, Jackencola make it expressly clear that if they don't have the necessary funds to make it happen, the graphics and animations overhaul might not happen.

Their current priority is focused on ensuring that all the features they promised, are in the game come release. Everything else is secondary.

I'm trying to help ensure that the team has the funds to expand their team so they can hire the talent necessary to improve the visuals and the animations because that's what's honestly preventing so many perspective buyers from even considering it. The horrid trailer doesn't help much either.

Anyway, Project: Gorgon is the only MMORPG that I keep coming back to and it seems like every single day I discover something new and exciting that I didn't know about before and it's a feeling that no other MMORPG in the modern market has been able to provide.

Project: Gorgon is truly special and I just want to see it succeed, that's all.

Thread Footer