Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    Something I'd like to bring up that I think is important when discussing expectations for tanking is how many enemies you should be able to handle at once
    This is an important question, for wintertide trolls I can only pull 3 or maybe 4 depending on the group because of their knockdown. The ice area I can pull 5 at a time and generally be fine and the fire area I can pull 4 or 5, but all my party members die from the aoe so it's more realistically about 3 maximum at a time. The ensign area however, in certain groups I'm sure I could pull every enemy in there and still be fine, in the average group it's more like 7 or 8 as my limit but honestly it's not even worth pulling that many at once so I usually don't. If these numbers are intended then it's already balanced, but I'm sure the ensigns at least are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    On the other hand if your party is only strong enough to handle one mob but you let them pull five, then there might be a problem
    This happened in a group I did today at ensigns. If I was playing my dps build there's no way I would have ever pulled more than 2 at once, but in my tank build I was regularly pulling 4 and a couple times accidentally got 5 or 6 and it was still perfectly fine. The biggest problem became the constant chain stuns even with 60% stun resist and 55% ranged + projectile evasion, which meant I couldn't keep up aggro occasionally. But even then, I think there were only 1 or 2 deaths in what was a relatively weak group since we only had 4 people for a time, and of those 4, I think only 1 had a completed build. In other parts of the dungeon, I think I was pulling maximum 3 at once intentionally, but we could still handle 4 if another came by accident. So I guess going up from 2 at once but still dying sometimes if I ran dps, to 3 or 4 at once and rarely dying, but lower damage is reasonably balanced. Maybe a tiny bit too strong, but bearing in mind, although my build isn't complete, I do have all my mitigation mods. I'm only missing some aggro and damage mods and it is mostly max-enchanted yellows.

I'm honestly just glad it's relatively painless to make a tank build now and I've definitely already seen more people using them. The last thing I would want is for them to become useless unless you have a perfect build like it was before.

So, I think the biggest problem is the passive darkness mitigation mod that unarmed has. After doing a couple more runs with weaker groups, the other parts of the dungeon actually felt reasonably well balanced to me, but it's definitely preferable to have a tank in the group now, rather than an all dps group in every situation I would say. Whether or not that's an issue I don't know, but some people might see it as "forcing" groups to have a tank.
    Last edited by Celerity; 11-10-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Thread Footer