Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Looking for AMD Build Suggestion

Hey Guys,

I'm Pooja. I'm new in this group and looking for a custom PC Build mostly for YouTube and Video Editing works. I've made a list of computer components. I'll assemble them from the local computer shop but can you guys recommend me if this build is okay for me?

PC Builder Part List: https://pcbuilder.net/rigs/mSZvon/

1. Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 6 Cores & 12 Threads Unlocked Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler (₹*13,090.00 @ Amazon IN)

2. Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H AMD Socket AM4 MicroATX Motherboard with M.2, HDMI, DVI, USB 3.1, and USB Slots (₹*8,480.00 @ Amazon IN)

3. Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow Micro-ATX Tower with Dual ARGB Fans, Fine Mesh Front Panel, Mesh Intake Vents, Tempered Glass Side Panel & ARGB Lighting System (₹*8,499.00 @ Amazon IN)

4. Graphics Card: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super Overclocked 6GB Edition HDMI DP DVI Gaming Graphics Card (₹*25,799.00 @ Amazon IN)

5. RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series, 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz 288-Pin CL16 Desktop Memory (₹*10,698.00 @ Amazon IN)

6. Storage: Seagate Barracuda 120 SATA based 1 TB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (₹*11,499.00 @ Amazon IN)

7. Power Supply: Corsair CX Series, 80+ Bronze Certified 750W Non-Modular Power Supply (₹*9,499.00 @ Amazon IN)

Total: ₹87,564
    Generated by PC Builder on 12th of October, 2020

Please help me and suggest me a better build.
    Thank you so much in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you put a laptop hard drive in a desktop? I just looked at it, it says it is good for desktops too. Why didnt you pick RTX 2060, isnt it better and it is a little cheaper.
    Last edited by Figger1; 10-14-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMD build with NVIDIA graphic GPU :P

back to topic:
    some good 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Units are not much more expensive than this Bronze one

if short on money they can get 500GB SDD (System and few games) + 1TB HDD for data over this one 1TB (remember than most SDD still need 20% free space to work at hight performance)

btw you don't specify what OS will be used Linux, OSX (mac) or Windows and it could make a difference when suggest you some technical stuff (large part of the PG community use linux and macOS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would spend the extra few dollars for the Ryzen 2700

The thought of any mid-range and above build in a micro-ATX case makes me cringe. Overheat issues all over the place. If you want the juice, you gotta give it room to breathe and have a well ventilated case. Otherwise, you are risking your entire investment on heat damage.

Personally, for your graphics card, I would say go for an AMD RX580 or RX590. If you insist on Nvidia, then go with a 2000 series.

For the hard drive, if your board has a M.2 slot, then use it. Prices for M.2 drives are pretty comparable and much much faster access times. Also, if the mainboard does not supply a heat sink for the M.2 drive, I would strongly advise picking up a heat sink kit for it. The kits are cheap and will extend the life of your investment.

For the power supply, I agree with Vish. You want a silver rated at least...gold preferred.

Good luck with the build!
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Thread Footer