Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: More Were-Beast Forms!

Werewolf is pretty cool, especiall(for me) from an RP perspective - however I would really love to see more were-beast forms(utilizing the mechanic of being able to change at will except during the full moon, having the weakness against certain bane types even when in human form, etc.)
    Some examples from fairly standard fantasy fare(with links to D&D because /iamnerd):

Were-Rats - giant rat form? yes please! maybe with an uncontrollable desire for cheese(-1% xp when not having a food buff from any cheese, +1% when using a cheese food buff?)

Were-panther - however the 'hybrid' form doesnt work with game mechanics, and looks like a rakshasha

Were-hyena I mean, its a dog. A were-dog. with a weakness against iron(instead of silver) in D&D they were only men from a certain tribe in a certain region, not sure how you could make that work in PG - maybe it's a form only availabe to upcoming Orc race?

Were-badger - Mean s a badger!

Were-bear - not only D&D, but off the top of my head also Beornings from Tolkienverse qualified as this

Were-foxes I listed this for completion-ism, although I honestly don't feel that it would be a good thing in game alongside of spiritfoxes, also in D&D lore they could only be women.

Were-bat another listed for completion-ism, but again, I don't think it would go well alongside of giant bat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand. Are you asking for the animals forms you listed to become permanent character alterations like lycanthropy? Or do you suggest to have additional animal form effects for players, that depend on the moon phases?

Imposing artificial restrictions on a character is never fun in a game like PG, imo, hence I do not and will never play druid/lycan. The fun of most animal forms, esp. like Giant Bat, is in the fact, that they add no permanent gameplay alterations for your character and playstyle. I have fun playing Deer or Bat, just because I can go back to my humanoid form at any time and start crafting metal items and wear metal armor/weapons.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting ideas, but a lot of that takes things in odd directions. I was actually surprised when Spirit Fox showed up (and delighted) as I was sure all effort would be going towards orc, dwarf and the world expansions.

I think that forms where there is an existing animal, (and existing graphics) would have the best chance. Rat, Panther, Bear. Still a bunch of work as they need the combat skills to go with them, the lore, and how they fit in somewhere. I'd put these as maybe, someday. Even then, I see problems with making them 'weres' and changing on the moon.

We don't really need another Bat or Fox.

Badger and Hyena don't have graphics. I don't see those happening. Or needed.

The cheese idea would be welcomed by many....as all that's all many of the high level players eat

Thread Footer