Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NEW Arcane Paladin Guide - Now With Extra Glitter!

You can find the cleaner, updated posting here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-Gear-and-More!
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: removed for cleaner posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed /10char
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed /10char
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed /10char
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed /10char
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed /10char
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 08-23-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third time's the charm

This is a detailed guide, that I think, will make the game a bit more new player friendly. Especially for those players, who don't like to explore much and prefer to be led by the game/guides. Great job/wip, Ashtalia.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-11-2020 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Phrasing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    Third time's the charm

This is a detailed guide, that I think, will make the game a bit more new player friendly. Especially for those players, who don't like to explore much and prefer to be led by the game/guides. Great job/wip, Ashtalia.
    Thanks! I'm still waiting to see if they can reinstate Ashtalia, but either way I will be continuing this. What is seen here is a barebones framework of what I want to get across and I will fill in more info as I go along.

I am grabbing some stuff from the wiki, so as always, it can change quickly, and I will do my best to keep up with it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya mate for putting this back together, I'll like to throw in my two cents.

I am a sword/shield main, 85/89 at current, I have 1050 hours in the game as reported by Steam (I think that means I am qualified to give opinion as a veteran player ^.^).

Why did I pick sword/shield:

I picked sword/shield as my build ever since I started the game 4 years ago. I stuck with it for no particular reason (mostly sunken cost fallacy I reckon). One of the remarkable things about this game is that ALL combat skills are viable to the end game. Some are more annoying to level than others particularly if the player is doing a lot of soloing, but once they are at level 80, every combat skill combination will allowing them to participate effectively in a group run of The Wintertide (which is currently the highest level dungeon in the game at level 80) or Gazluk Keep (level 70 dungeon and equally hard or harder than The Wintertide). Every build will allow the player to do good damage and they will contribute something to the team.

What does sword/shield bring to the team:

1) Good consistent physical damage
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2) Fairly solid tank.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3) Reliable unconditional stun.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4) Rage reduction.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

5) Team buff to mitigate physical damage.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6) Elemental immunity.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The limitations of being sword/shield:

1) It is not a true tanking build.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2) Limited means to set trolls on fire.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3) Limited self healing ability.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4) Physical damage only, mostly slashing damage.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

5) Cannot solo higher level dungeon mobs or bosses.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

My suggested equipment mods:

My current build (ideal mods assuming 7 mods max enchanted gold tier items)

Alternative build with second stun from Many Cuts (ideal mods assuming 7 mods max enchanted gold tier items)

I should point out that I am currently using found gold tier items (ie 6 mods instead of 7) and I am missing level 80 items in the mainhand and gloves slot, but I am managing pretty well despite not using the above theoretical optimal gear. Don't feel pressure that that you need to use max enchanted gear or even all gold gear. As Citan himself has stated, the game is balanced assuming you only have red tier gear, so only with 3 optimal mods out of the theoretical 7.

Shameless self plug
    There is a list of project gorgon guides I put together a while ago, I updated it a month ago
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-for-beginners

I think I'll stop here and let Ashtalia take it from here, feel free to copy and paste anything you find helpful in the main part of your guide. I just got a fresh reminder of why I don't post a lot on forums, typos and grammar errors are doing my head in ><
    Last edited by Chilton; 10-12-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typos and more typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of interesting info you gave, Chilton! I haven't made it past 50 yet in skill, so I'm more than happy to leave your thoughts here. As I go along, I'll compare them to what I find (as the game will change as the days go by).

Thread Footer