Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NEW Arcane Paladin Guide - Now With Extra Glitter!

Hey folks! I am making a new guide here for my Arcane Paladin build that I had started in another thread. It got a little cluttered and messy, so I wanted to redo it so it's easier to understand and find what you are looking for. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please add them!

Are you new to Project Gorgon and looking to do a Sword/Shield build from scratch? Or are you someone who has played a while and want to try out how a Sword and Shield build might be like? Well, if you answered YES to either of these questions, then look no further than this guide! (Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert on this game or these skills, but this is what I have found that worked for me)

Before we start, if you haven't already, check out this page on the PGWiki to get a basic understanding of mechanics and other things of the game.

If you are a beginner to the game and this build, please check out the Beginner's Guide I have written below. It's a lot of info, so just click on the Show button to open up the window. Otherwise, head on to the next post for the more in-depth guide (WIP).

Beginner's Guide to Being an Arcane Paladin ... by Ashtalia PART I

Spoiler Spoiler:

Beginner's Guide to Being an Arcane Paladin ... by Ashtalia PART II

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 10-11-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it mean to be an Arcane Paladin?

We are a specialized tank 'class'.
    We use the elements of Fire and Acid against our enemies.
    We cause them to Bleed.
    We take advantage of their Vulnerabilities.
    We Stun and sap the Rage from their bodies so they are easy to defeat.

I made this build as a solo one, as I enjoy exploring PG and what it has to offer. But I also know IRL takes priority and boy does it, so grouping can be difficult at times. This build was to give me a chance to survive and do damage in both melee and ranged (COMING SOON) fights.

I will do my best to be as specific as possible in regard to what skills are used and why. I will try to explain a basic rotation that this build can use (COMING SOON) for 1 v 1 fights or even 1 vs group. This is an ongoing project of mine and I will do my best to keep it updated!

My Sword build on my hotbar:

Slot 1: Sword Slash
    Slot 2: Hacking Blade - Aim for mods that strengthen the amount of Bleed
    Slot 3: Precision Pierce - You want this to puncture through creatures with Heavy Armor
    Slot 4: Wind Strike - This is to counter when they are Vulnerable
    Slot 5: Many Cuts - Find a mod that adds a Stun to it.
    Slot 6: Parry/Repose (use whichever one you have that's higher level) You want to raise the amount of Rage it reduces in a hit.

Just like Unarmed has Meditation for combos, we Sword users have Calligraphy. You learn it from Sammie Grimspine in Serbule Hills. You can get it at Neutral Favor (though she won't be around when it's a Full Moon ... I wonder why? *thinks*).
    Sword Trainers:

• Nelson Ballard - You'll need him to teach you Precision Pierce 1 through 4.
    • Malvol - He teaches Decapitate 1-3, Thrusting Blade 1-3, and Heart Piercer 1-4. I haven't reached him at the time of this, so I don't know if the skills he teaches would fit this build.
    • Janet Lews - Unlock levels 51-60, 61-70, and teaches level 51+ abilities.
    • Pegast - Unlock levels 71-80, and teaches level 71+ abilities.
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 10-11-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Shield, my hotbar looked like this:

Slot 1: Fire Shield - Get mods that strengthen the damage this does, and look for anything that adds Combustion.
    Slot 2: Quick Bash - This gives a bit of Accuracy, but I may switch this out.
    Slot 3: Stunning Bash - Get mods that help with Stun as you will use it when your Rage reducers are on Cooldown
    Slot 4: Fight Me You Fools - This is more to knock creatures away than to Taunt (as this is more a solo build).
    Slot 5: Finish It - I was debating on changing this one later.
    Slot 6: Disrupting Bash - Used to remove Rage

You can learn the Shield skill pretty quickly with some help. Get yourself x1 Rubber Tongue and x5 Oranges. Head to Serbule Hills and speak to Tyler Green. Take his first two Favor quests (ignore the one for his shield) and hand in those items. It will get you to Comfortable level with him so you can grab the Shield Skill. You'll want to buy the Training he gives for making better armor kits as well as the waxing he gives for shields. There are two types, for Armor and for Acid damage. For this build, you want to focus on the Acid ones (Goop).
    For Shields:

• Tyler Green - Teaches Shield as well as Waxing your shield and Armor Patching
    • Nelson Ballard - Teaches Fire Shield 1-4.
    • Gorvessa - Teaches many Fire Shield 1-5, Fight Me You Fools 1-7
    • Sir Johnson - Unlock Shield levels 51-60, 61-70; Teaches Finish it 5 & 6, Disrupting Bash 6 & 7, Stunning Bash 6 - 8,
    • Pegast - Unlocks levels 71-80 and teaches Fire Shield 6, Quick Bash 8, Fight Me You Fools 8, Finish It 7, Disrupting Bash 8.
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 10-11-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RESERVED for Ranged info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my sidebar, I used these skills. Of course, feel free to change them around how you like:

Slot 1: Endurance: Dig Deep
    Slot 2: Power Potion (item)
    Slot 3: First Aid
    Slot 4: Healing Potion (item)
    Slot 5: Armor Patching: Patch Armor
    Slot 6: Armor Potion (item) or Rapid Recovery (Shield skill) - whichever one restores more armor

A want to go a little bit more into the Skills I chose for this build.

There are a lot of skills you can gain in PG. 114 (!) at the time of this writing. Each one has its own uses and can be gotten through time and effort. Feel free to grab as many skills as you wish and try them out, but what is listed below are those skills that I feel compliment this build well.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Ashtalia; 10-11-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RESERVED for Gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third time's the charm

This is a detailed guide, that I think, will make the game a bit more new player friendly. Especially for those players, who don't like to explore much and prefer to be led by the game/guides. Great job/wip, Ashtalia.
    Last edited by Grobyddonot; 10-11-2020 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Phrasing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    Third time's the charm

This is a detailed guide, that I think, will make the game a bit more new player friendly. Especially for those players, who don't like to explore much and prefer to be led by the game/guides. Great job/wip, Ashtalia.
    Thanks! I'm still waiting to see if they can reinstate Ashtalia, but either way I will be continuing this. What is seen here is a barebones framework of what I want to get across and I will fill in more info as I go along.

I am grabbing some stuff from the wiki, so as always, it can change quickly, and I will do my best to keep up with it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya mate for putting this back together, I'll like to throw in my two cents.

I am a sword/shield main, 85/89 at current, I have 1050 hours in the game as reported by Steam (I think that means I am qualified to give opinion as a veteran player ^.^).

Why did I pick sword/shield:

I picked sword/shield as my build ever since I started the game 4 years ago. I stuck with it for no particular reason (mostly sunken cost fallacy I reckon). One of the remarkable things about this game is that ALL combat skills are viable to the end game. Some are more annoying to level than others particularly if the player is doing a lot of soloing, but once they are at level 80, every combat skill combination will allowing them to participate effectively in a group run of The Wintertide (which is currently the highest level dungeon in the game at level 80) or Gazluk Keep (level 70 dungeon and equally hard or harder than The Wintertide). Every build will allow the player to do good damage and they will contribute something to the team.

What does sword/shield bring to the team:

1) Good consistent physical damage
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2) Fairly solid tank.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3) Reliable unconditional stun.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4) Rage reduction.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

5) Team buff to mitigate physical damage.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6) Elemental immunity.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The limitations of being sword/shield:

1) It is not a true tanking build.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2) Limited means to set trolls on fire.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

3) Limited self healing ability.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4) Physical damage only, mostly slashing damage.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

5) Cannot solo higher level dungeon mobs or bosses.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

My suggested equipment mods:

My current build (ideal mods assuming 7 mods max enchanted gold tier items)

Alternative build with second stun from Many Cuts (ideal mods assuming 7 mods max enchanted gold tier items)

I should point out that I am currently using found gold tier items (ie 6 mods instead of 7) and I am missing level 80 items in the mainhand and gloves slot, but I am managing pretty well despite not using the above theoretical optimal gear. Don't feel pressure that that you need to use max enchanted gear or even all gold gear. As Citan himself has stated, the game is balanced assuming you only have red tier gear, so only with 3 optimal mods out of the theoretical 7.

Shameless self plug
    There is a list of project gorgon guides I put together a while ago, I updated it a month ago
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-for-beginners

I think I'll stop here and let Ashtalia take it from here, feel free to copy and paste anything you find helpful in the main part of your guide. I just got a fresh reminder of why I don't post a lot on forums, typos and grammar errors are doing my head in ><
    Last edited by Chilton; 10-12-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typos and more typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of interesting info you gave, Chilton! I haven't made it past 50 yet in skill, so I'm more than happy to leave your thoughts here. As I go along, I'll compare them to what I find (as the game will change as the days go by).

Thread Footer