Now on my fourth(and finaltm) *ahem* character, this was a long process of evolution which began with me thinking "ah cool, I can do everything like FFXI/FFXIV no need to make a bunch of alts." Right then. One of the first things I learned in PG is that loot is randomized based on your skills. Now this sounds great, right? Except when you've tried 9 different combat skills and loot drops dnt check your skill level vs the item drop level(imo it should have a check on the skill level as well... i have 7 skill in pig but kept getting lvl30 pig required drops, ugh). Enter spending three days literally camped out inside a dungeon just endlessly farming to get stuff for the skills you actually want to keep using... and that was just getting armor drops that matched two of my skills - not even farming for the best mods.

So then I made an alt, and it took... 2 days of farming with only two combat skills to get a full suit of decent mods - which was considerably better than 3 days for armor with crap mods that at least matched the skills I wanted to use. And then I trained tradeskills... Yes, those skill mods too. /headdesk

So now, I have a tradeskiller with some decent favor levels to sell and bank for me while i learn the intricacies of crafting....
Another alt with decent favor levels that I primarily run around serb farming deer/pigs/chicken/eggs/skins with.
Another alt with crap favor levels that I primarily run around serb farming deer/pigs/chicken/eggs/skins with.

A final character I'm going to call my 'main' who has two, exactly two, only two, no more than two, no less than two, just two combat skills. He actually gets decent drops