Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fae realm has too many trolls and other issues

Trolls are a fun unit to kill, but most can't deal with them unless they are a fire mage, or use consumables. I thought the massive amount of trolls would not be an issue, but i noticed it becoming very tedious to constantly open my inventory for a trollbane for every troll i see.

My suggestion would be to reduce the amount of trolls by 50%. That way the fire mages still have a field day, and everyone else can have some breather from tedious gameplay. If you aren't a fire mage or use trollsbane the trolls can't be dealt with at all. Should there really be this many mobs that have a special condition to kill ?

The other issue is that some mobs are very powerful but some very weak, and it doesn't make alot of sense why that would be.
    Fae bears are godly strong, as well as ice mage fairies, while spriggan weeds are super weak. The rest seem balanced

More issues: The loot tables of some mobs is poor in my opinion. Getting 10 grass from a rhino, or a small dinosaur scale/feathers/claws from a deinon. You can get that loot from lvl 1 dinos.

While it might seem like a unique idea to make some mobs give the same loot no matter the lvl, all this does it make some mobs not viable to grind, unless you enjoy being poor.
    Last edited by overtyped; 09-20-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To save the inventory step you could maybe put the troll bane on your side bar. Expand the side bar with a drug if need be.

I think you are seeing a weird mix of difficulty on some mobs because it is the Fae starting location, they need easy mobs, some more difficult mobs, and then there are level zone proper mobs which Fae have to comeback later to fight.

On loot, are you not counting the resources that come from the mob like skins and meat. Those go up as the mob level goes up, are they worth farming is a different matter. Certainly they are if you are farming for your own use and don't want to put up work orders.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loot is varied, but i find it's all useful. A ton of stuff is Barter for item you need to buy skills.

Dinos can be skinned for hides, or butchered for Dino Meat which is a high end cooking item and only gotten from those mobs. Panthers and bears offer hides for leatherworking and bears give a lot of honeycombs. Rhinos give a lot of ivory and hides. All those animals drop Jewelery items pretty consistently. All bears are tough because of their rage attacks. Fae bears no exception and that's what makes them tougher than the panthers.

Trollbane oil is there just so everyone has some fire. It's easy to use. As Shieldbreaker said, put in on your sidebar and click as needed. There are actually a lot of areas that are totally devoid of trolls, and just have the animals, hypogriffs and bharghests. The trolls in the FR are also consistent with other trolls, you've always wanted to have fire to kill them. If you talk with the Troll God who gives the daily quests, you find out that this is just a small bit of the Fae Realm, and home to a lot of trolls, so there is a reason they are abundant.

And it's not just fire mages who can deal them without using trollbane oil. A lot of classes have acces to fire attacks either from skills or mods.

Thread Footer