Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Band Performance Extraordinaire [video]

I was standing in town and decided to buy a lute. Never played one before but figured there was nothing pressing on my agenda for the day so why not try something new. I walked out to stand by the well, and there were two other folks playing instruments. I was a little intimidated, but I decided if I can face down the undead and tame giant rats, by all that is holy I could tame the lute.

I didn't say a word. I just moved myself next to the drummer and started in on a simple melody I had heard my mother play when I was a child. We three quickly fell into a rhythm and had a small jam session. After a short period of time, I felt the confidence to try branching out into new styles.. not only strumming chords but now playing lead. A small gathering of onlookers began to form.

I would have been content with our small band. It was the joy of starting something new. But alas, it wasn't meant to stop with just us three. More and more came to the well and started pulling out instruments and joining us in song. What a beautiful cacophony!

At one point, we had 19 band members (and a few strippers!).

Enjoy

Last edited by Rabilon; 02-22-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was fun haha. Not sure why Ursula started shooting me!!! WHY ME!!!!?
    Peasant - Fire/Ice

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I love the community in this game. I don't know if it's because it's small or if it's because you can't randomly change your servers/names/races/etc. It feels like you see a lot of the same names ingame and in chat and you feel like you do carve yourself a spot into the social fabric of the game.

It's the feeling I got from early Asheron's Call, and it's refreshing to see again. Please don't allow server hopping in the future.

Awesome band performance by the way. You need some extra dancers, let me know! I gotta work on my dancing skills lol.
    "Sometimes, a good dagger is your only friend."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to increase your "Max player instrument tracks:" option in the Sound config!
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    Make sure to increase your "Max player instrument tracks:" option in the Sound config!
    I sure did. I had that setting all the way at 32. Good tip for everyone, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy both band and dancing performances. It's great to have a community activity.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes Eachna! @Easylivin had an idea for Capture The Flag on the tutorial island. Still wondering how the logistics could work out but it could also be a great community game!

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like @Umber said, the community aspect is one of the best things about the game. Just need the AC players to start flying the PG flags now!
    Last edited by Tsugumori; 02-28-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post
    Like @Umber said, the community aspect is one of the best things about the game. Just the need the AC players to start flying the PG flags now!
    @Tsugumori Yeah I find myself refering to AC more than I should here. It was my first MMO and one I played off and on for 17 years. When I refer to it, it's only about aspects of another game (AC) that I do like or would like to see here. PG has a lot of great elements and while a bit clunky control wise, it still in it's alpha stages. The flexibility or character building and loot is exactly what I love in an RPG. I have to admit I haven't followed much of the story of PG, if there is lore available. I will absolutely be flying the PG flag and doing what I can to support the game.

That being said, Interpretive Dance is at max for perks. Time to start up another instrument lol.
    Last edited by Umber; 02-27-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    "Sometimes, a good dagger is your only friend."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Yes Eachna! @Easylivin had an idea for Capture The Flag on the tutorial island. Still wondering how the logistics could work out but it could also be a great community game!

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
    That would be AWESOME. I'd like to see some stuff added to Serbule Keep that would provide a framework for social stuff but allow players to create their own rules.

Something like a big checkerboard grid (or like a hopscotch board) worked into the cobblestones of the city.

A ball (maybe tethered in some way so people wouldn't run off with it) and a hoop or hoops?

Thread Footer