Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is JUST me

Even when my computer was ONLY 1 day old I could never handle:
    - Krakens in Serb town
    - Empusa
    - Gaz world bosses

or any other high density events.

/particlespam
    lowest video resolution
    worst graphics mode
    combat numbers off
    chat off

nothing works. The game literally froze going from Gaz dungeon into the event every time I tried this round.

Maybe stop pushing the super high data dumps for graphics onto people who can not afford top of the line computers every patch. Many of us can not afford it.

I love the game but am seriously about to quit with all the push for more graphics and group content.

PS. You do need a way to change leadership of guilds when the leader quits and does not promote a new leader.
    Last edited by cozycats; 09-13-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    Hey Cozy,

I had the same issue with this event and I think other people as well. In my case my computer is a 8 year old laptop so I don't think it is fair to complain.

There were many boss that I couldn't hit during this event even with retro terrible, no combat number and particlespam off. It is indeed a frustrating experience and I'm not sure what else really could be done. In my opinion it is a positive thing that the game allows many graphics styles and I don't have problem playing with a good enough graphic (poor) most of time.

I will disagree with Cozycats by saying that those groups content are fun. Even though I gave up doing this event event.

Mogamir

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of my computers are not new. And neither was expensive. My store computer is shit, specifically bought to NOT support gaming and graphics. It was slow loading times for the couple of bosses I could do on my lunch breaks, but with everything turned off and retro-terrible I could still target and take part in the fights.

The game has to move forward and add contents and events. It's sad that some people with older computers can't take part, but that's always been the case with many games. You can't make the alternative to 'some people can't' become 'so no one gets to'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New PG computing power demand kill my GPU yesterday :P (oki its not PG fault but it helped for sure)
    So ByeBye PG
    Welcome SNES and PSP games

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Look, guys, I really appreciate feedback, and it's part of the reason we do those events, so thanks! Just please keep things in perspective: this isn't the first boss invasion, and it won't be the last. Each time we try to improve the experience. Then we iterate. Over and over and over.

I know that performance problems seem so easy to fix from the outside. But I'm working on hundreds of thousands of lines of code, built atop an ever-changing graphics engine, and trying to support 3 operating systems and an infinite number of hardware configurations. So it's hard work, is what I'm saying. But performance IS getting better, and the proof is in the pudding: my 5-year-old test card now gets 60fps in Serbule Hills, when a year ago, it struggled to get into the 30s.

Performance is getting better for most people. If it's not getting better for you, I'm sorry. It's not for lack of trying.

So what happens next? Before the next boss battle event we'll have more changes to the particle system to try to improve perf there. Then we'll try again, and again. And again.

And I totally get it if that plan doesn't work for you! But this is the only real path forward for me. So if you've had enough, I hope you'll come back some time soon when you have newer PC hardware, and I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a video crash during the event, the first one I can remember for a long time. Performance is better overall though recently outside of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    Hey Citan,

Being in linux was the main reason for me to join this game. I can't imagine the weight which is support 3 OS, but it was important at least for me. Yor are doing good work!

Mogamir, the shovel man

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wanted to add on to this post -- there's a bug in this update that broke some of our optimizations. That will affect low-end PCs much more than high-end PCs (but affects everyone to some extent). We'll have a fix for that tomorrow, hopefully.

Thread Footer