Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is going on with the game for me?

Okay so just this evening (started the last couple of hours) I have been doing different things in different zones and ALL zones are doing the same thing to me. First of all a huge lag at times... like I hit something with my apprehend and it takes a few second to finally bring it to me. But then it just disconnects me and sends me back to the log in screen. In order to not get the message that I am already logged in I have to wait a few minutes to even attempt to log back in. But this keeps happening to me. I keep getting logged out, so right now it has made the game pretty much unplayable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and before I get that this is all on me, I can play any other game just fine.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    With the World Boss event it is probably something like a stress test (intended or not) for the new patch. You got lots of people gathered, all the combat interaction, and even if it isn't when a boss is up, there is tons of extra junk people dropped spread all over the zones and tombstones.

It is probably key to file a bug report right after relogging or giving the time it happened. The data may help track down what is causing the issue. If it is event related measures might be to limit whatever issue is causing it. If it is just something introduced with the latest patch, then that issue needs to be tracked down also. If everyone reports when they have an issue, then it might create a pattern that can help with finding a solution.

What you are describing doesn't sound like any common issue, that I know of, so sorry I can provide a workaround. Reporting it ingame, is the best way to make sure it gets put into the bug reporting system so that it can be looked into and fixed.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's your route to the server: it's not staying stable. When you get the "you are already logged in" message, it means the server didn't disconnect you, and it was waiting for your client to communicate with it, when your client disappeared abruptly. The TCP stream was severed at some point between the client and the server. I don't have more information about what is disconnecting you, but it's not directly due to the game itself, and there's nothing in the patch that would cause this. It's networking problems. The 'net has been pretty shitty for me in other games this week, so give it a day to get better. I don't really have much else I can do in the short term.

(BTW, it's supposed to let you log back in immediately, but there's a problem with the Steam integration that prevents it. So after you get the "you were already logged in" message, you have to restart the game again. But you'll be able to log in immediately after that. I'm sorry about that.)

Edited to add: if you have a VPN service, try playing the game through it. This will give you a different route to our host address, and will often circumvent the problem in your normal route.
    Last edited by Citan; 09-13-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I do not have a VPN but if this keeps up then I will most likely get one. It was just very strange everything is okay then just all of a sudden it starts disconnecting me. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Thread Footer