Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap. So the ensign area got way, way more difficult now that they answer calls for help. I'm not entirely sure you can hit switch #2 without dying... is that a problem? Admittedly, we only have been there once since the change, but it seemed like it was virtually impossible to not end up with 5-6 at some point. I had to go change to my tank with 75% darkness resistance for us to do it without just throwing a bunch of bodies at it and praying for the best (and we had 4-5 people with 55+ mods).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I'm back to update my feelings on candle making now at lvl 60 candle making. I think the progression needs some tweaking. It's not awful, it's just a little odd. One thing I will say is when I see skills like this where the number of recipes drop off in the 60-80 range and the xp table grows while the new recipe craft doesn't grow proportionally I assume that it is leaving space for new recipes in what will be mid game as we progress. I say that because it means I leave some "room for growth" and an expectation that the progression now in beta will not be the progression later so I do expect it to be slower.

I managed to get by with 35 filthy fat, around 50 lumpy fat, around 100 typical fat and 5 smooth so far. That all checks out to me, though I have some points on the lower tier fats. I am at lvl 60 with 100 typical fat and I'll continue to use typical fat for a while. I did a lot of wick making with typical so I could get by with just smooth from here on out, but typical will continue to be worth while from a lvling perspective. Lumpy I could use and could see myself using for a little filler xp, but filthy is going straight to other players. If the hope is that filthy fat will get filled in by player stalls and give low lvl players something else to sell to higher lvl players working I think the progression should use more of it and for longer. I spent a couple nights in Eltibule farming mobs and then never looked back. It seems like the stomach market has tanked, but the fat that has caused this is which is available to lower lvls so limited in use low level players actually got a method of money making taken away from them not added.

The filthy, lumpy and typical grinds were fine and fun - I enjoyed being in Gaz and though it was slow going I felt like I was progressing. I was looking forward knowing I would have a lot of work ahead of me, but then I was perplexed to find bears and panthers in FR dropped typical as well. That leaves, as far as I've found, snow oxes and FR Rhinos to drop smooth fat. It's hard to figure out if I think this is broken because we don't know what's coming next. I would expect smooth fat to transition out starting at lvl 80 and fully be out of the picture by ~90-95, leaving a new fat to carry most of the way. If that's the case this is probably fine and what we're really seeing is a preview of candle making, but it won't hit full force until the zone after fae realm is introduced which would bring greater quantities of smooth fat. But intuitively I feel like all the fats could be zoned down a step, having Ilmari start up typical if it isn't already and having typical end at gaz so that all FR mobs drop smooth.

What I find confusing is that the lvl 60-70 progression seems to be built as if to require smooth fat, but smooth fat seems to only drop from lvl ~80 mobs. There is some smooth fat in Gaz which makes this hybrid smooth/typical 60-70 make sense, but I would expect an area to pivot to mostly smooth with a little typical which I haven't seen. As it currently stands I can't see myself continuing to focus on this skill, but rather stopping here and using the quality candles. Again I expect some "preview" style things like this if that is what is intended, but if the intention was that the current zone layout would make it reasonable to follow candle making to the amazing varieties something seems off. Still love the skill and as someone heavily focused on crushing dmg I'll still find it useful if I decide to stop around 60.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alarmer cocks make the area out by Captain Evergloam difficult for any group. They’re perfect in the area with hippogriffs, trolls and ensigns area tho. The player bases answer to them by the Captain/Ensigns is zerging, and I think that represents too hard of a difficulty, and honestly it’s not fun.

By Zerg I mean, killing the cocks and everyone dies to the swarm of Ensigns and respawn + return. Everyone is running around like a chicken without their head. One player solution can be send in an AH pet to just 1 shot the cock and then dismiss the pet, but I have not brought AH into the Wintertide since the changes. There are a few scenarios where the cock might be next to another cock, and then you can expect a pull of 10+ without the sacrificial AH-puller. Knowing this hellish scenario is possible is very disheartening.

One fix would be, make it so they can only shout to 3 friends every 4 seconds. Another fix would be that their “shout” status only triggers once a regular shout triggers. Meaning, fears, mez, knockbacks skills alike (that suppress shout) can be used to eliminate the cocks without them freaking out. If their alarmist chain-shouting madness starts after their first shout, groups can just pay attention to their skills and carefully eliminate the cock without inviting the Ensign’s to airstrike everyone back to the stone-age. My real only worry is that pulling from back from a far distance trivializes their Alarmer status, BUT that’s an improvement vs the strategy of dying and hoping to make minor progress.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree that the ensign area is too tough now and we'll make some changes to it in the next update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, plz make mob corpse collision with player again and increase the mob chase range to infinite , it feels like the game has been dumbing down

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done Wintertide with several groups, post patch.

-It is definitely more difficult.
    -The difficulty can be overcome.

I've been in two groups that experienced multiple wipes, and a lot of problems with ensigns. In both cases their was little discussion about who was pulling, where to pull back to, who was mezzing, did we even have people to mezz? and concentrating fire. Use of meditations and potions was also varied. You can't just move up as a group and pop attacks like you can in other dungeons. This isn't a normal daily. Frustration in the groups with less forethought was high. But in groups where we played as a team, we actually got by them very quickly.

One strategy was simply body pulling to the group, with the group hanging far back. The puller needs to be able to take a few shots. So someone with high evasion, and some mitigations of darkness damage is needed, and a healer targeting them. Getting 1-3 ensigns at a time is easy to put down. 4-6 is not. Worst i saw was the whole group move up, two security cocks come running with 9-12 ensigns. it was like machine gun fire whittling us down.

Last night I did the entire dungeon with a group in two hours, all areas. We did the ensigns multiple times. I'd say a bit above average group as we had two foxes and a wolf warden, all with some darkness mitigation. But also a player there for the first time who was still partially in level 70 gear.

I agree the ensigns are tough, and it's ironic that they may be the toughest part of the dungeon to get through. But this is also the top level 80 dungeons and groups are clearing it after only a couple of weeks. So I don't think the difficulty is out of line.

One bug: We had a problem with nearly a dozen ensigns stuck as a group on the ledge to a dropdown. Nothing could budge them, and they were sheer death. Zerging got a few killed, but that was also a couple of group wipes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some sort of inventory bug in the Hogan's keep dungeon. I entered with over 40 slots open in my inventory but the first loot box, I think called junk box, wou;d not open, said "i did not have inventory space" I got the same message at the chest where you open with the finger. When I tried it a 2nd time it told me to wait 24 hours as I had already looted it. I bug reported the first chest but not that 2nd as the respawns hitting before I could type a report along with the bullshit 5 minute secret door crap plus having to play inventory manager because nothing stacks drove me to a rage quit, log off.

Even as I type am seriously considering uninstalling because of both inventory shortage compared to the number of items dropped that don't stack in dungeons along with my 100% disagreement with the concept that spawn density and high respawn rate make good game play, Kur yetis are the worst example through in a warden quest respawn and Kur can get shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkt View Post
    Even as I type am seriously considering uninstalling because of both inventory shortage compared to the number of items dropped that don't stack in dungeons along with my 100% disagreement with the concept that spawn density and high respawn rate make good game play, Kur yetis are the worst example through in a warden quest respawn and Kur can get shoved where the sun doesn't shine.
    That seems a little dramatic...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion on Ensigns has kind of changed. I do appreciate that they add some excitement and since they're near the entrance, it isn't a huge imposition to die once or twice. That said, considering the stack of tombstones near them last night, it might be best that you're making it a little easier.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the tombstones are there because some people never clean up their own tombstones. Ran the dungeon again last night. As usual we had a few deaths on ensigns and a 10 second run back up. But we all cleaned up our tombstones. Does seem like they are building up, but i see that as a player problem, not so much an ensign problem. With WT being on the daily Aurest rotation, there are a lot of groups going there some days. More groups, more tombstones.

Some other behavior I'm noticing:
    -"Does everyone have their Darknest resist potion from Daniel Murdark's skeleton"?
    -"I'm dropping down a stool, everyone knows to meditate with #63 ? I've got extra squash!"
    -"You don't have meditation to 63, well use the lower one then. You don't have meditation? Oh well, this will hurt more"
    -"let the fox or the warden pull, or the guy with evasion armor. Easier on the healers"
    -"OH GOD, A Chicken!!" "Run away first, far away, then hit it!"

Harder dungeons means players will adapt and look for the tools already in the game.

Thread Footer