Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange issue, can't interact with world but can see chat

Gday, I have just experienced a strange issue that is making it impossible to play the game. Currently I am able to log into the game, but my characters spawn in a world that every other player is frozen, I cannot interact with any NPCs or use any objects, but I can read and post in chat normally... When I try to exit game using the in game menu, it will not let me so I have to alt tab and and right click on the program icon to close it manually.

It occurred as I returned the game into running in a windowed mode (trying to do some surveying using the surveying tool). I had some trouble finding the chatlog so I unhidden all files in the C:\Users file.

I'm not sure whether it is a problem with Project Gorgon or have it accidentally changed something on my computer......

I tried restarting computer, no help, and verifying installation via steam, also did not help.

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've definitely heard of this bug before, and i'm pretty sure it's possible to recover from, but i'm not sure what the best method is. I think in some cases it will require contacting support.

If it happened when you entered windowed mode, have you tried setting it back to fullscreen? (If you can't access setting in-game you can edit the settings file directly at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game\Project Gorgon (same folder where the Chat Logs are).

The settings file is called GorgonSettings.txt (note not GorgonConfigs.txt or GorgonPrefs.txt which were previous versions of settings, no longer used but may still be present in the folder).

You can try looking for a line with PrefsFullScreen and changing it to "i PrefsFullScreen 0 1" (without the quotes)

If that doesn't work try renaming that settings file entirely (say to GorgonSettings.bak). This will cause the game to generate a new settings file when it starts (resetting your settings).

There is also the chat slash command /unstickchar <name of character> but i think that is more for if you can't log in at all (it will send you back to Anagoge).

Those are some things to try at least; good luck!
    Last edited by alleryn; 09-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That's very weird. I don't know what's happening. Try starting the game in "force low-res" mode by holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard on the character-select screen. (The "Enter World" button will change to "Enter World FORCE LOW-RES".) That will hopefully rule out any graphics-related issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It spontaneously got better!

Last night when I was having the problem, I tried to set it back to full screen using the in game menu but it doesn't work. I have not tried editing the setting file (good to know for future reference)

Today when I logged on again, everything is working normally, set the game back to full screen mode and it worked perfectly.....

Thanks a lot for help Alleryn n Citan. Not sure what happened.....

EDIT

I am able to reproduce the bug/issue

If I set the GorgonSettings.txt file to hidden, and then try to change the game to windowed mode, it triggers the issue (note it does not successfully change to the game to windowed mode, it stays full screen but bugged out)

Once its triggered, restarting the game doesn't fix the issue, and attempting to turn the game back to full screen/reattempting to change it to windowed doesn't fix it.

To fix the issue I have to make the GorgonSettings.txt file unhidden, and then everything is fine

This is unusual cos the entire directory in which GorgonSettings.txt reside is set to hidden by default...

Thanks Alleryn for your post, it gave me the idea to play with the GorgonSettings.txt file
    Last edited by Chilton; 09-06-2020 at 10:35 PM. Reason: more information

Thread Footer