Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Was there a limit on number of deaths?

[EDIT: SOLVED]

Hi,

does anybody remember if there ever was a limit of number of deaths and details about it?
    I remember it was supposed to be 1000 when I first hear about the game, but I can't find it anywhere now. I spoke to a friend and he remembers there used to be a limit too. Was it in some dev blog? A video perhaps?

It has totally blown my mind that there is a limit on number of deaths in an MOO and it was probably one the thing that piqued my interest most, so I am sure there was something like that. I just can't find any info about it now.

Sowelu
    Last edited by Sowelu; 09-02-2020 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Solved

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of anything like that. There is a limit on *unique* deaths, but not on total, as far as I know. And I'm way over 1000.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I do remember hearing about a game where after a certain number of deaths, you were dead forever. I don't recall which game that was... but definitely not this one, sorry! Long ago we did discuss various death penalty options on the now-defunct elder game blog, and ultimately settled on the "hardcore" item-break mode.

These days, we do have some players who like to create their own restrictions for their alts, and I've started adding game tools to help them (use the chat command /behavior to see the optional restrictions we track). So I'm sometimes tempted to add a "true" permadeath mode for those crazy players... but it'd probably be after 1 death, or maybe 10... 1000 seems high to me!
    Last edited by Citan; 09-01-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've died about 5300 times so it's definitely a no. I believe Legends of Aria had some servers where death was permanent. There was a medieval RPG game where you play as your descendants trying to build a life for themselves, I cannot remember the name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys for your answers, I appreciate them!
    I could have sworn there was a limit, but apparently I am wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenberg View Post
    I've died about 5300 times so it's definitely a no. I believe Legends of Aria had some servers where death was permanent. There was a medieval RPG game where you play as your descendants trying to build a life for themselves, I cannot remember the name.
    I think i remember playing that game. It was mostly focused on building up your business, getting married, getting kids, then dying and your kid took over. It was fun...up to a point. I remember dropping it when it became insane trying to automate all your businesses you kept acquiring as you married into another family and your kid inherited half the town.

I think they had expansions planned, including some seafaring stuff, but it's all lost in my memory now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    So I'm sometimes tempted to add a "true" permadeath mode for those crazy players... but it'd probably be after 1 death, or maybe 10... 1000 seems high to me!
    Perhaps when the Orc race is implemented there could be an option to enter the game as a young orc going through the Challenge of Blades. When you die, you're done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't find my V number for a long time and to be honest now I regret that I found out about it. The fact is that I believe very strongly in God and in mysticism. What I found out shocked me, because the last four digits of my V number is 1010. For you, it may be just numbers, but for me it's the secret number of an angel that has its own complex meaning sunsigns.org. Many people will stop reading my post now and throw strike at me, but I will still say what I think. This number is associated with the divine Kingdom and inspires us to achieve success and abundance. In any case, if you notice that you are haunted by this number, then you have a guardian angel who hints to you that you need to change and become a better person and not stop there..

Last edited by keilecpod; 02-17-2021 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keilecpod View Post
    I couldn't find my V number for a long time and to be honest now I regret that I found out about it. The fact is that I believe very strongly in God and in mysticism. What I found out shocked me, because the last four digits of my V number is 1010. For you, it may be just numbers, but for me it's the secret number of an angel that has its own complex meaning sunsigns.org. Many people will stop reading my post now and throw strike at me, but I will still say what I think. This number is associated with the divine Kingdom and inspires us to achieve success and abundance. In any case, if you notice that you are haunted by this number, then you have a guardian angel who hints to you that you need to change and become a better person and not stop there..

Thread Footer