Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farming for low level crafting recipe

Gday

I am after some advice as to where is best to farm for low level recipes.

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ks-progression

As alluded to in this old post, currently it is quite difficult to find low level recipes and skill books. As I understand it, most players spend time in the 40-80 level range, so the mid to high level recipes are easily found/bought. There is however a scarcity of entry level recipes and skill books because not as many players "farm" the lower level areas

I am after the leatherworking: crude evasion shirt and legging recipes in particular, and if anyone has any advice as to where to farm for it that would be appreciated.

I have been looking in both player stalls and used merchant tabs, but so far no luck after 1 week

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you know _all_ of the used merchant tabs to hit?

Most players know to check Hulon and Velkort, but you can also check Fainor, Flia, and Leonard Allenson, and if you are ambitious enough to travel to Elitbule, Helena Veilmoor as well.

In my experience, this is the easiest way to acquire recipe scrolls, although like any method it is hit or miss.

Other than that, it's mostly just farming whichever dungeon(s) are in the right level range. Those two appear to be level 20-25 recipes, so i would look at dungeons in that level range. The later bosses in the crypt, the bosses in Myconian Cave, and some of the earlier bosses in Goblin Dungeon would be my preferred targets, although that is guesswork without having the statistical repetition of all the potential sources that would be necessary to actually deduce drop rates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As bit of an update in case anyone else is also trying to farm for low level recipes

Have been farming a set circuit, Salmpo, then clearing serbule crypt, then Elzehati, crystal cave, brain bug cave, myconian cave. If I can find them, I have also been farming Old Snouty, Tyxr and Old Fangworth

Have done the circuit about 5 times now. I have have the crude evasion legging recipe drop from Salmpo.

I had a bunch of other recipes drop, but 80% are from Salmpo and Khyrulek (rest are actually from regular mobs).

I think the different bosses have different drop tables and I suspect the most efficient way is actually to just kill Salmpo and Khyrulek.

I will keep doing the circuit for a bit more and record my observations

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another source are the floating death's heads in Borg, and Rahu desert. Not easy for lower level people, but they do drop a ton of recipes and books. I don't pay much attention to which ones, sorry, but it seems pretty broad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another mob that seems to drop a lot of recipes is the pyschic mantis.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just got Crude Evasion Shirt recipe from a psychic mantis in Eltibule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The psychological mantis is another monster that appears to drop a lot of recipes. Right?

fnf mods

Thread Footer