Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile More positive emotes

There's a surprising lack of positive emotes among the choices offered, I can /jeer and /taunt and /brag but I can't /clap for a performance or /thank another player for buffing me. I thought I could /wave at people but the flavor text will say i'm waving in the air like a loon (NOTE: not sure if this is true, i've tested it on a pig but never on another player.)

Emotes like these always come in handy when you're in a hostile zone and you still want to be courteous, I always used to set up macros for them in EQ to thank people with a click and move on. I'm falling head over heels for this game but as superficial as it might seem this is one of the things i've been finding myself missing the most so far.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There probably will be more little touches like that in the future, the game is still in development and game systems are the focus at the moment. Once all the core game play is in, then things can be built out and more emotes and such can be added. You could use the in game suggestion form, under the ! icon of the right hand menu bar, to make a list of emotes you would like to see.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we do plan to flesh out the set of emotes in the future! (There are some technical bottlenecks -- I'm trying not to add new humanoid animations until after we make some other technical changes.)

In the short term, I'll see if I can change the textual messaging of /wave when you have another player selected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for implementing this!! Even in their current temporary state these are exactly what I needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I'd really like /pet for annoying, err I mean being kind to, Rakshasha and beast forms

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikthorsen View Post
    Also, I'd really like /pet for annoying, err I mean being kind to, Rakshasha and beast forms
    Petting a rakshasa and lose favor with them and any other rakshasa in sight would be fitting. Just have to make sure it couldn't be misused. Plus, it would be more work but being able to pet pets would be good.

Thread Footer