Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easier method of Looting

Hi,
    I think we all know how frustrating it can be to loot with the hit box being all over the place, specially if other members of your party is on top of the mob.
    Now, I know about the cons of automating aspects of gameplay - so why not add a shortcut key to open monsters ? Like the key E would open corpses but not necessirely loot them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are two hotkeys that you can set that make looting stuff in general a ton easier.

The first is "Select next Non-Combatant", this targets intractables and corpses, so it saves a ton of trouble when going through a huge pile.
    The second is "Use selected", which as expected tells your character to use/loot whatever you have selected. They'll even walk up to the object to use it too.

Combined this makes it way easier to loot corpses, especially when you're got a big party or tons of bodies to go through. It's also great for just harvesting stuff in general. I even put my hotkeys on z and x respectively so I can press them in succession really fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love and Aoe loot, open all corpses of the same type and go through loot list!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    There are two hotkeys that you can set that make looting stuff in general a ton easier.

The first is "Select next Non-Combatant", this targets intractables and corpses, so it saves a ton of trouble when going through a huge pile.
    The second is "Use selected", which as expected tells your character to use/loot whatever you have selected. They'll even walk up to the object to use it too.

Combined this makes it way easier to loot corpses, especially when you're got a big party or tons of bodies to go through. It's also great for just harvesting stuff in general. I even put my hotkeys on z and x respectively so I can press them in succession really fast.
    Not sure if there's a default key assigned for "Select next Non-Combatant", but there is a default key for "Use selected"(that key is "U" btw) and i've frequently had it auto target the closest thing to me when just spam pressing U key.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find looting a major PITA even with the hotkeys, but the hotkeys really do help.

My quality of life dream for abilities is a "loot area" side bar skill that requires such and such teleportation level or something. The caster may forfeit autopsy, skinning, extracting skulls etc, but being able to loot quickly is worth it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest change I'd personally like to see to looting is the addition of shortcuts for context options - click items to loot them, click autopsy, click skin/butcher, click bury - with the location of each option changing within the box every click meaning i have to move the pointer and click for most options(although bury usually ends up directly under my pointer after all the rest) - adding default shortcut keys to select options within context menus would be awesome - and not just for looting. For example, the way that in Neverwinter and Star Trek Online the default use key(F) is also the default first context menu choice key with other options being assigned to other keys or being denoted with [TAB] to indicate that you press tab to change to the next option for the use key. This wouldn't just make loot easier, it would make a lot of npc dialogue easier. I haven't seriously expected carpal tunnel from an MMO since I played a bard in EverQuest prior to /melody implementation... until Project Gorgon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across this thread a few days ago and the hotkey thing really does help speed things up. Still less than ideal though, because I'd like to spend more time adventuring and less time clicking.

So I'll throw my two councils into the ring:

How about a user-defined "corpse actions" option?

Essentially, you could predetermine which actions are to be taken when right-clicking a corpse. So gather all loot, autopsy, butcher, bury, etc. It could be implemented in the same way as some of the custom settings are. So your corpse actions might look like:

GetAllLootCorpse
    SkinCorpse
    AutopsyCorpse
    BuryCorpse

A real dream would be the ability to define custom actions for different corpse types... so you'd, say, always butcher pigs but always skin wolves, that kind of thing.

Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was coming to the Forum to voice this same exact issue.

I think the biggest change I'd personally like to see to looting is the addition of shortcuts for context options - click items to loot them, click autopsy, click skin/butcher, click bury - with the location of each option changing within the box every click meaning i have to move the pointer and click for most options(although bury usually ends up directly under my pointer after all the rest) - adding default shortcut keys to select options within context menus would be awesome - and not just for looting. For example, the way that in Neverwinter and Star Trek Online the default use key(F) is also the default first context menu choice key with other options being assigned to other keys or being denoted with [TAB] to indicate that you press tab to change to the next option for the use key. This wouldn't just make loot easier, it would make a lot of npc dialogue easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramonsantana View Post
    Would love and Aoe loot, open all corpses of the same type and go through loot list!
    Fully support, this is an essential quality of life feature.

While the tab-targeting loot system is helpful and makes sorting through bodies easier, the ultimate goal should be to implement a feature such as "loot all" where it would consolidate all viable corpses within a radius and show a list of available loot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the biggest looting issue is when someone has dumped 30 items in a pile, and you stumble across it in the middle of nowhere and think "oooh, what do we have here", and you have trouble selecting any one item.

Thread Footer