Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Unofficial "Iron Man" Permadeath Challenge

This is for the dev blog posted here: http://forum.projectgorgon.com/entry...log-Feb-8-2017

So here's a little contest that tries out the /behaviorreport tech! If you want to participate, here's what to do:

• Create a new character (it can be on a guest account if you don't have any slots -- this is an unofficial contest, after all)
    • Play for as long as you can WITHOUT obtaining items from any other player. Don't buy used items, don't receive items from players, don't even pick up junk off the ground.
    • Don't take items out of your account-shared storage, or from Guild storage.
    • The game ends when you die. (With an exception for deaths like "fell off the world" -- those don't count.)
    • Your score is the sum of your two highest combat abilities.
    • After you die, use the /behaviorreport command. Take a screenshot of the output of that command, AND a screenshot of your Skills window showing the two highest abilities. Post it here.
    • The person with the highest score by 23:59 Feb 14 (GMT) wins. (They win bragging rights and nothing else -- this is a test contest!)
    • Remember, you need a NEW character, meaning one created after this forum post was made!
    • If there are bugs, please report them in-game so they get into the bug DB!

Thanks, and good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oops, looks like the command isn't set to have the right permissions, so you can't use it unless you're an admin. We'll fix that in the hotfix shortly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't you take the screenshot before you die (take a screenshot after each level gained)? After dying, it would keep saying YES and you could keep grinding. Unless it had a count or timestamp instead of a boolean.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ooooh this is fun! Will characters created now count or should we wait until after the hotfix?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It does have a count on the number of deaths. And it should be 1 in the screenshot!

Yes, you can create characters now, the data should all be saved already, you just can't view it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there some sort of tracker for picking up items of the ground? When I tried this the other day, it seemed inevitable that you'd accidentally click on something that wasn't yours - I'd just immediately drop it if it happened.

Notoriety was an interesting thing to track, also - otherwise you could theoretically grind pigs infinitely to level 70/70 (Sounds super fun, doesn't it?)

Edit: And I've already picked up (and dropped) a green item someone dropped on the newbie island by mistake. Also - things like goblets and plates, as well as mushrooms - it's hard to tell what's already been claimed and discarded.

It might be useful to have a number tracker for how many items you've picked up - accidents are gonna happen. (I'm not sure if behaviorreport says yes or no, or displays a number - the number would be useful, in this instance)

Edit 2: Also had to rebuy a butcher-knife I accidentally sold. Not sure how that factors in either, but some extra clarification never hurts.

Edit 3: Just tested the command. Seems to be working, glad the numbers there too!
    Last edited by Oxlazr; 02-09-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm very excited to try this command and challenge out
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for doing this, i'll definitely be joining up for this challenge. There's one thing i'd like to ask though and that is, assuming that the challenge ends on midnight on february the 14th, in which timezone would that be?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Right, so I tried today but got trolled. Lol, someone must've dropped some Parasol Mushrooms on the Starter Island and I picked them up thinking they were a spawn. Deleted.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Thread Footer