Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necromancer as "is" is very frustrating!

Why do we need 3 graves to summon skeletons, makes it very annoying to play the class..

The necromancer gem is very scarce on items, some nice amulets drop but it can't be worn as it has no Necro gem in it, A bard or any class that uses both hands are stuck with random chances on drops to enable the class that requires a boss fight to unlock.
    Suggestion: Make necromancer gem craftable or transferable or increase the chance on items table to have a
    necro gem when necromancer skills enabled, for an instance a bard/ necro ( with staff or necro necklace ), instead of dropping an item with good skill for both classes that does not enable the necro class make it so the game auto generates a necro gem for the item or give it a very high chance of it generating a necro gem, it's very annoying getting a nice item that is unusable or having to swap one class ( stop playing bard ) because the nice items do not enable the other class

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramonsantana View Post
    Make necromancer gem craftable
    Jewelrycrafting has a necro necklace that gives a flat bonus to darkness. Annoying to make though. If you're looking to get it made though, take note that the nomenclature is flat out wrong for jewelry. Level 80 stuff is "amazing" (vs astounding) and level 70 stuff is "great" (vs amazing).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started necromancer this weekend, and truthfully? Not really having any trouble with it.

There are quite a few items that enable necromancer. The one i found was a cowl. (Helpful since I don't have hands ) And yes, it wasn't a great item, but at the starting levels it doesn't matter that much. I didn't even really worry about my gear until I got to level 50, just wore a few things that dropped and some winter gear from my old class. I could have made the 5 armor pieces at any level, but just wasn't worth making level 20 armor and then a day later getting level 30. It was more fun to see what dropped.

The graveyard requirement is interesting. And explains why there are so many places with multiple gravestones Some of the pets need a graveyard, but you also have some that don't. The zombie just needs something dead, and Sir Ariff teaches spells to just summon a pet with no GY.

A key point to understanding some of the PG classes: Citan has outright stated that some classes have higher requirements, and have more benefits that offset those requirements. You can grab a sword or unarmed or psychology on the island. No real requirements. But others have barriers. Fire is expensive as a first class, Archery takes fletching, and Necromancy isn't easy to find. (Actually, i see necromancer runs about 3 times a day, so not instantaneous, but not tough.) Bard has requirements, Ice Magic is a quest harder than Necro. Animal classes have big drawbacks and Warden locked behind animal.

Some classes are tougher to do. They may also have bigger advantages. It doesn't have to be a balancing act between classes since we can all do everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of people are stuck on using minions as a necromancer.
    I actually find it fun to play without minions myself, just sticking to the spells. I like the control effects, and the spells actually do well with a tank setup.
    Mikhaila is right though. There are ways around necro requirements, and once you learn them, the drawbacks aren't that big.
    Another tip: if you really want minions, always carry fuel... to drink!

Thread Footer