So the new animal form arrived and I figured I'd mess around for a bit, see what it's all about and a recurring "issue" of sorts has come up.

The new form, being level 10ish, hits for basically nothing while my armour is at ~750 and nothing can do me any harm, so it's a tedious process of simply chomping on suitable enemies until I gain some levels.

In the past, at least, I've tried other methods - circle grinding panthers with the assistance of a higher level was particularly effective, and supplementing your low level skill with Animal Handling, utilising a high-level pet, was also effective.

I generally enjoy the challenge of a new character, but dislike the idea of having to grind through tradeskills again. Going back with a veteran character to level up new skills is most certainly not the same (or even remotely similar) in terms of the player experience.

Even opting to throw all equipment aside and start "fresh", you've still a number of bonuses and additional abilities which tend to trivialise the content all the same.

Do others tend to pace themselves, enjoy the journey of leveling up a new skill - or find some sort of gimmick to expedite the process to get it done with as swiftly as possible?