Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: July 16, 2020

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...s-July-16-2020

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great update! I do feel like the game is running a lot better at least on my computer, so great job with all the optimizations! I know optimizations are "Invisible" to most players since they aren't directly related to game play and therefore aren't commented on too much but we're all secretly very thankful for these improvements.

The Spherecull option being on by default is also a good change. I've seen many people complain about stuttering when turning the camera quickly (Mostly in Serbule) and the Spherecull option seems to solve these with no notable loss in FPS a vast majority of the time, so having it on by default makes things much smoother.
    It's not really the same since it doesn't have to do with optomization, but since we're on the topic I kind of feel like DisableScreenFlash should be another special option that's on by default, since the flashing screen effect is really annoying at least to me. I don't know if many other people feel that way but I feel like it would annoy or even give many players headaches/eye pains at some point, especially when you start getting hit a lot from DoT's and such. I guess it makes it really obvious to new players that they're taking damage which they might not notice normally though.

Also on another very small default option, I would suggest that for the default "Trade" chat tab that it has Tells enabled. In the past I've asked to buy/sell something on trade chat and missed someone whispering me because anyone interested in trading typically whispers you and it doesn't show up in the Trade chat tab.

As for the combat XP change, does this also reduce the exp you gain when using a skill that is capped? So for example, if you have a capped skill at level 50 but your other skill is at 49, does the second skill only receive 50% exp rather than 75% even if you're using abilities from both skills?

Other than that, good to see some of the bug fixes too. Kick mods not working on Bunny/Spider sucked (It basically ruined a big reason to play Unarmed with those two animal skills) so great to see that fixed. The huge damage boost with Priest's mod is pretty interesting too, I guess mainly to encourage Priest to be paired with the new skill?
    Last edited by Yaffy; 07-17-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm crossing fingers that this Unity update will fix my worst crash issue. So far so good.

I've also started playing Spirit Fox, and I like the design. Except for one thing: my character is stopped by the smallest rock, and to climb is a chore. Is this a bug or a feature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit upset again at having reset all of my UI settings; I can't seem to find my old UI file.. everything is reset, the defaults aren't very good. Is there a way to restore the UI from a couple of days ago (like the last patch)? Or, do we have to reset everything again?

**read about this in notes, even as reference though is it possible?
    Last edited by ScorpicusBlue; 07-16-2020 at 07:54 PM.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    RE: Spirit Fox movement - not intentional. Will be like other small animals (e.g. Rabbit form) after a fix.

RE: Copying over your settings file -- yes, it's possible. You can rename the old file as the new file, and it will load those settings, they're the same basic format. The danger is that for some players, you'll log in with now-invalid graphics settings, and you'll have a black screen, unplayable resolution (640x480) or other weird problems. But for "most" players I think it would work out fine... so you can try and see! If it turns out to be unplayable, just delete the settings file and let it make a new one.

Note that some settings, like your chat settings, can't possibly be saved, because the format changed. But manually copying your settings file WILL definitely save your keyboard bindings, because that part hasn't changed between the settings files. That's the part I wish I'd managed to retain, but for logistics reasons, we just couldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me :fox form?
    you: yea fox form.
    me FOX FORM!?
    you: yes.

me:
    https://en.meming.world/images/en/a/...28Morty%29.jpg

42/10 best update ever you guys have done it. May Arisetsu bless you all

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a little worried about the Pet-exp changes. On one hand-- It's great. I've seen and reported people with what appears to be an auto clicker ias they AFK let their pet kill low lvl trash. They can burn in hell.

On the other hand: When a person who is using AH+a support skill kills stuff, their pet is consuming the Exp, and this is more stuff against them. I believe its that the game thinks the pet is another person outside of group. When the pet deals a lot of damage, I get less exp. When I deal a lot of damage and my pet watches, I get more exp. I guess I see AH players struggling to level as a bigger issue than people ignoring the AH skill and just using the pet to push them through levels. But, this was obviously included this patch because of Spirit Fox, and leveling it with an OP pet is just temptation to the population.

Thread Footer