Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thread but with surveying: are there any plans to make them less painful?

I just got Hunting Speed 3 and began hunting for metal slabs and gems. After farming for just under 2 hours, expending 24 survey maps, I could not contain my frustration and simply logged off. I really don't see why I should subject myself to this tediousness when I could just go farm 10k right away in some random dungeon and buy it off other players at this point, aside from the fact that I am a completionist and want to max out every skill I come across.

Surveying: Automatic map markers
    I made 40 survey maps, went right out of the inn and quickly got to work. With the speed buff from Hunting Speed 3, it's a lot easier to traverse from point A to point B, but most of my time is spent clicking on survey maps. One. At. A. Time. How is this (http://www.defenestration.co/pg/surveying/) not in the game? They just used chatlogs and javascript on a web browser and every location gets marked. Couldn't something similar be done with Unity? Give us different map tabs for default map pins, surveying, treasure cartography and war caches. I'm not fine with alt-tabbing to a different window just to look at the map, or clicking through 40 survey maps to see which one is the closest to my position, and figure out which map corresponds to which marker.

Geology: More gems
    Why aren't there motherlodes for gems? And why aren't there more crystals in dungeons? Where are the orange crystals? Why are green crystals the lowest level crystal formation that I can mine without using a survey map?

Mining: Why is the leveling curve so weird?
    Not enough things to mine before having access to motherlodes is a huge problem. I can mine pyrite at an easy level 5, located in myconian cave which is level 20-30, then I can mine winterprize at level 15, but SOMEHOW I don't get any xp for mining winterprize, despite it being located in a level 40+ Winter Nexus, and then I couldn't mine anything without surveying until level 30, where I could mine saltpeter in Kur, at level 30-50. Then with just 5 levels in, I have access to silver AND gold ores, located in Kur and Yeti Caves, also a level 40+ zone. 5 levels more and I could mine Iridium at level 40 mining. It's almost like the game is actively trying to stop me from progressing early on, and showering me with freebies once I manage to hit level 30 (I'm still at level 21 so one could imagine why I'm this pissed off).

All of this culminates in a very tedious and boring experience. I couldn't mine anything off the ground with reasonable xp efficiency, and so I turn to surveying, but nothing is marked on the map, so I need to either alt-tab or check the survey maps one by one and add pins manually, then point my character in the general direction of the pin, activate the speed buff and turn on autorun while hoping I don't hit any random mobs on the way that would slow me down. Quite frankly, I see no reason why surveying should exist in the first place, when it degrades the gameplay loop so much that I find it repulsing.

Oh, and P.S. to whoever manages this forum: please stop logging me out because I took too long to write a post, thank you.
    Last edited by Tinlaar; 07-05-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Thread Footer