Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burying Player Tombstones Question

This past Sunday, while the Krakens were attacking Serb as per the event, I was somehow able to bury a specific player's tombstones, and only theirs (I don't remember their name, unfortunately). Afterward, it said something like "You are filled with a newfound peace." Does anyone know how this is possible? Is it related to the new beta, perhaps?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjytresz View Post
    This past Sunday, while the Krakens were attacking Serb as per the event, I was somehow able to bury a specific player's tombstones, and only theirs (I don't remember their name, unfortunately). Afterward, it said something like "You are filled with a newfound peace." Does anyone know how this is possible? Is it related to the new beta, perhaps?
    The number of people that need to mourn the tombstone (before it can be buried) depends on several factors, including some randomness. Spammy deaths (such as "Suicide by Poison") can be buried after only a few mourners, whereas unusual deaths require more mourning.

Hardcore deaths (by non-suicidal means) require more mourners than non-hardcore deaths. But in any case, hardcore players should remember that their tombstone is just a convenience: you can still repair your items even if the tombstone is gone. Just stand in the general area where your tombstone was and double-click your broken items to repair them.
    - Game Updates, March 9, 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, thank you very much! I didn't know that the update included burying players - very cool!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to ignore tombstones? Frankly, the shit gets out of hand with tombstones all over from suicide and people actively trying to see how annoying they can be with them, putting them in front of vendors and in walkways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Is there any way to ignore tombstones? Frankly, the shit gets out of hand with tombstones all over from suicide and people actively trying to see how annoying they can be with them, putting them in front of vendors and in walkways.
    What he said! We need a way to remove these. I especially hate when someone arranged to have their tombstone atop a Christmas Tree or something like "huh hur, look how clever I am, hur hur hur." If I were a GM, I'd remove it from the world. Can I be a GM?
    Last edited by shauma; 01-31-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've reported two players in the last two days for trying to grief by putting their tombstones right in the middle of the teleportation platform. Do something about this attempted abuse of the game physics already!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shauma View Post
    I've reported two players in the last two days for trying to grief by putting their tombstones right in the middle of the teleportation platform. Do something about this attempted abuse of the game physics already!
    You don't actually need to select the teleportation platform to use it, you can just stand on it and craft your teleportation recipe. You can also just left click a couple of times to cycle through until you get the teleportation circle or use the "Select next non-combatant" hotkey to select it as well.

I can't say why those players left tombstones on the teleportation platform, but it's possible they were either death warping after teleporting or actually died by accident due to something else killing them (Some teleportation circles have monsters directly next to them which can kill players trying to teleport), so unless if you 100% know they were trying to do it to be annoying it's not right to report them as if they were trying to be malicious. Even if they were trying to do it for the sole sake of bothering other players it would be such a minor inconvenience (See above paragraph) that I really don't think you should report them anyways.

That said, if you want to suggest that tombstones close to a teleportation platform should be very easy for other players to bury, that would be a fine suggestion.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 02-07-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, what Yaffy said. Let us bury tombstones on teleportation platforms, on top of trash cans, and parked on top of Christmas Trees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting really tired of seeing a certain racist, someone I earlier reported for making racist chat messages, also leaving his tombstones is prominent places like he's taking a big ol' dump on the floor like "look at me, hur hur hur", or coming into your house and pissing on your rug. Let us remove tombstones please! Or could a GM contact me and let me removed one player's tombtones?
    Last edited by shauma; 02-12-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Thread Footer