Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting out again

Hey everyone,

I played Project Gorgon a few months ago, and really loved it.

I want to make a new character and enjoy the leveling approach again. I forget most the game however.

I also want to try my hand at tradeskills to deck me out in gear as I level.

Which build do you think would be good to try out to mostly solo and get me all the way to high level alone?

Also, with that build which tradeskills are good for it?

I had a fire/ice mage build previously, but it was terribly expensive.

Would like to know which 'items' to deck out in too before I start on my journey. I recall that I needed some items for skinning/extracting skulls/butchering.

I also remember cow stomachs and farming crystals to be a good money maker.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some great books that have some useful tips that would help in some of the libraries in game. I've been able to solo quite effectively with sword/knife

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To craft yourself armor while you level is really a challenge. You've got 2 options: Tailoring or Leather working. If I had to tell you to pick 1, I'd tell you tailoring & what to expect after I first talk you out of it. I'd really just recommend focusing on unlocking transmutation and augmentation. That's where the real strength is and it requires you to have 25 in a few trades. Tailoring and Leather working both unlock in Eltibule aka the 20s, so it'll just be a struggle to grind to 20 when you unlock it. Just do some surveying and sell the gems is my recommendation.

Tailoring cons: Not so easy to unlock cotton in gardening for a fresh character and you'll be growing tons of it. I think you'll find hoarding fertilizer annoying but maybe not.

Pros: gardening is important when you do cooking. You can toss your extra cotton on a player stall with a higher-than-average price until you wish to card it. You might randomly get rich this way, and that will just go towards your future unlock funds. Tailoring uses the same material for low/high levels in the event your craft and combat skills are mis-matched, no problem.

Thread Footer