Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9_20-56-10.png

Small bug killed new SunVale Elite (boss?) Betra the Cold but game tell me it was Murdebok the Valiant
    That was present before the beta btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the beta, the nights are darker than they used to be inside buildings and outside. When I change setting to 'Brighter World' it is less dark but not how it used to be on last client. Also with 'Brighter World' on, days are way to bright and I have undo Brighter World. I am just used to how it was with last client.

Also in Ilmari, I thought I saw Hissy but when I clicked on it, it showed it was a grimilkin and when I got closer, it shrunk down to the normal size of a grimilkin. I guess that is ok since the are easier to see from a distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new version of beta works now for me ( no more brown screen ) , fps counter increase to 90 in fae realm ( was 60 before )

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #44
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We're up to beta 3, here are the patch notes:

- Fixed problems with settings not being saved on shutdown
    - (Windows only) Uses Unity's IL2CPP back-end to provide better CPU performance. This optimization will be most notable on lower-end and older CPUs. It doesn't affect GPU tasks, meaning that your displayed framerate won't change much, but it improves CPU tasks, including culling, which results in fewer framerate "hiccups" while playing. (Note: Unity currently only provides this functionality for Windows, so Mac and Linux builds don't have this.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I have a loading screen when I quit the game? It's an extra 2-3 seconds when closing that really shouldn't be necessary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    Why do I have a loading screen when I quit the game? It's an extra 2-3 seconds when closing that really shouldn't be necessary.
    The pause is to ensure all settings that were changed during that session are properly saved. That includes anything changed in the settings window and also any UI elements that were moved/resized/altered in any way.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    We're up to beta 3, here are the patch notes:

- Fixed problems with settings not being saved on shutdown
    - (Windows only) Uses Unity's IL2CPP back-end to provide better CPU performance. This optimization will be most notable on lower-end and older CPUs. It doesn't affect GPU tasks, meaning that your displayed framerate won't change much, but it improves CPU tasks, including culling, which results in fewer framerate "hiccups" while playing. (Note: Unity currently only provides this functionality for Windows, so Mac and Linux builds don't have this.)
    hello Citan , it seems the recent update to unity 2019.4 won’t suffice if you need to keep the game running on macOS before the end of the year

Unity will support both Mono and IL2CPP scripting back ends but will not support OpenGL graphics API,

so your game MUST run using Metal. Developers should also make sure to recompile any native plug-ins they use

To prepare a project for Apple silicon, developers should upgrade their project to Unity 2020.2 and ensure their game runs well on existing Intel-based Mac hardware.

this could be the chance for project gorgon to be huge ..unity make the game runs natively on ARM,optimise it with gamepad control just like elderscrolls online, certainly helps for a small team like this ,Apple has invested big bucks in supporting game developers who were invited to participate in its Apple Arcade program
    omg imagine a real MMO like this in the Apple Arcade program

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munry View Post
    Hello, I got these weird "flashes" on screen, as seen here:

https://imgur.com/NHQh8Ov
    https://imgur.com/OBlCG7h
    https://imgur.com/VDhMGMA

What seemed to do the trick was to completely disable overhead labels and restart the game. Once the game restarted the bugs were gone, and I could play the game normally. I haven't done much testing into this though so I can't be sure of the cause.

EDIT: Bug came back after a while, not sure if it's because I alt tabbed or if it reappeared randomly.
    I'm having the same problem, even after updating to the latest Nvidia driver. Disabling overhead labels and chat bubbles did the trick for me too, but that's not really a valid solution, only a temporary one. I haven't quite pinpointed when and how it gets worse, as it usually kicks in after having played for a while, but I've also been able to trigger it after a PC reboot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been having issues with the beta client, when i am far away from players that I haven’t seen at least once during the gameplay section they slide around with their arms open until i get way closer, no animation at all.
    Will post an screenshot later

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramonsantana View Post
    Been having issues with the beta client, when i am far away from players that I haven’t seen at least once during the gameplay section they slide around with their arms open until i get way closer, no animation at all.
    Will post an screenshot later
    There is an animation distance option, you might need to fiddle with that.

Thread Footer