Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Name Bug?

I'm unsure if this is a bug, or if it's really unlucky on my part.
    I'll start with what I did, since I can't reproduce it due to me buying the game.
    So, I started with the demo version on Steam to try things out.
    I have this habit where I make, delete, and remake characters a lot at the start to learn game mechanics, generally with the same name; "Wark"
    I did this a few times, no problem. Got to use the name again more than once.

The last time however, I did some things differently. I crafted a couple lvl 1 words of power (forgot to copy them from my in-game notepad) and I deposited items into the transfer chest in Serbule, since I just discovered it and wanted to save some progress from character deletions. Deleted that character, then logged out for a nap.
    When I woke up and was ready to continue trying out the game, I noticed I could no longer use that name.
    My fault, I admit it. I should have tried claiming it immediately.
    It was a couple hours between when I deleted it and when I tried remaking the character. I made a new character with a different name to check if someone else had taken that name. So far, no dice, so I purchased the game (because I like it) to see if I can find the player who has that name.

Now. My questions are:
    Did something happen between the Words of Power registering to my name, or did me using the transfer chest on that character tie the name "Wark" to my account and make it unusable since I deleted it?
    Does me using the demo version on Steam have anything to do with this?
    Or, did someone (by chance) happen to take that name which was available all this time within those couple hours?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Looks like the name was taken by another user in the interim. It's a user who has a demo account, so if they don't purchase the game it will eventually go back into the name pool... but not any time soon, I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's more of a wait, and not something I did when using the demo version. Alright.
    I just want to make sure since it seemed like too much of a coincidence.
    What kind of wait is it for demo names to reenter the pool? A month?

EDIT:
    I just happened to get on and ask in chat just now. A scholar and a gentleman by the name of Skulltula happened to have my name on an alt account, and gave it back to me.
    I am now "Wark" once more.
    Skulltula deserves the title of "Gentleman Scholar" for his deeds!
    Last edited by Wark; 06-11-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Footer