Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unarmed Variants and Descriptors

Not sure if this is intentional or not but the variants of Barrage and Cobra Strike are not classified as Core and Nice attacks. Limiting the descriptors to the base skills limits the viability of the variants.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always assumed it was intended.
    For those who don't want to look it up: Barrage is the nice attack, and the claw barrage variant does not have that flag, but deals more damage and is slashing. The highest regular barrage (lvl 83) is higher damage until we get more ranks of claw barrage. The corresponding claw barrage would be 85 or 86.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been running unarmed for a couple of years now. I always assumed it was intended that way. But I also haven't really wanted the mods that call out nice or core attacks. I don't use jab cobra mamba so it really hasn't mattered. Claw barrage was better up to 70, then barrage got better at 80 and swaped back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I always assumed it was intended.
    For those who don't want to look it up: Barrage is the nice attack, and the claw barrage variant does not have that flag, but deals more damage and is slashing. The highest regular barrage (lvl 83) is higher damage until we get more ranks of claw barrage. The corresponding claw barrage would be 85 or 86.
    There's one instance where this descriptor is working intuitively Gut and its variant Fish Gut are both classified as Core attacks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah claw barrage is better than the nice attack version - as in it has more base damage at the same level. It's also got an epic attack modifier (that should be skipped imo). The next level of claw barrage is probably 84 or 85, above the line Citan has decided to arbitrarily draw atm (83), so the nice attack version is actually the one you should be using regardless for the time being.

Mamba strike (the non-core version of cobra strike) has a bunch more mods - including mods that more than make up for its inferior base damage. It's honestly a terrible skill now - it used to have some fun synergy because it was something like two +150% damage mods with a +4 second recast. So you'd stack it with flat damage bonuses and do insane damage. My bunny hit for like 3500.

Basically, in both situations, if you don't plan on taking advantage of nice and core attack bonuses, it's better to skip the skill (for cobra/mamba) or use the variant when the skills are of equal levels (claw barrage over barrage, but not atm b/c of the skill level limit noted above).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    Basically, in both situations, if you don't plan on taking advantage of nice and core attack bonuses, it's better to skip the skill (for cobra/mamba) or use the variant when the skills are of equal levels (claw barrage over barrage, but not atm b/c of the skill level limit noted above).
    Thank you for your insight. This is the exactly the problem I wish to highlight despite arbitrary difference between damage types and level progression between variants the descriptors should be adding more variation in build variety not less. Basically the mod investment into core/nice attack strategies particularly for Unarmed are not viable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    I actually diagree with this statment. While choice between Barrage an it's variant most of the time do come down to whichever has higher base damage, there are still skill synergies to cosnider - like for example wolf can opt to pick Claw barrage over regular one if the use +%slashign dmg mod on Sanguine Fangs, or regular one if they opt to use Skulk.

Cobra/Mamba strike both are used in a lot of combos, plus they have usefull sustain mods. Cobar strike is another stun in your kit (cc is always good), and Mamba strike still offer very good damge, considering its low cd and power cost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    I actually diagree with this statment. While choice between Barrage an it's variant most of the time do come down to whichever has higher base damage, there are still skill synergies to cosnider - like for example wolf can opt to pick Claw barrage over regular one if the use +%slashign dmg mod on Sanguine Fangs, or regular one if they opt to use Skulk.

Cobra/Mamba strike both are used in a lot of combos, plus they have usefull sustain mods. Cobar strike is another stun in your kit (cc is always good), and Mamba strike still offer very good damge, considering its low cd and power cost.
    Claw barrage over barrage is an extremely niche situation, the vast majority of people will be using the one with higher base damage, which is the "weaker" skill atm. Doesn't Cobra Strike max out at like 600-700 damage? 80 armor + negligible damage just isn't worth putting on the bar after the changes to unarmed damage mitigation (might have been useful to spam when we had shields). And with the change to consecutive stuns, the low armor stun means much less.

Thread Footer