My concern is to how avoid writing to the wrong channel in the chat window. There used to be two issues:

• Reading the wrong channel, for instance reading something that looks like a comment in the Help channel, when it's made in Trade.
  • Writing to the wrong channel, i.e writing a comment for Help and seeing it end up in Trade or Global.

The color changes pretty much fixed the first issue. If someone still uses the same color for, say, Help and Demo, then any mistake really is on their side and can be fixed with a change in settings.

The second issue is what I would like address. Currently, when you type a new text, the font size is fixed (to 18?), and the foreground color is white. The only way to tell what channel you're typing for is the channel button, and even that can be misleading. For instance, if you leave a party it will stay as 'Party', but what you type goes to Global (this is probably a bug, but can be seen as a feature)

I realize they probably use different code bases, but my suggestion is for the chat bar to:

• Use the same font size as chat in the window (I have a large screen, and use 24 as chat size, so this really matters to me)
  • Use the color of the channel it's going to, in real-time.

For example, if the player selected 'Party' but is not in a party, the button would remain 'Party' (unless it's considered a bug) but the foreground color would be that of Global.

With these changes, people would know as they type where the text is going to be sent to, thus considerably reducing the risk of misstell, imo.